Author Topic: VAR Support for Smart phone apps  (Read 2499 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
VAR Support for Smart phone apps
« on: June 20, 2011, 01:01:42 PM »
After seeing some of the post relating to Android and CrackBerry I started to wonder how to support these.

So let me post the question to the VARs.

Will you cover the smart phone apps under contract? 
Do you bill for any labor applied to assisting / troubleshooting these applications?

Does the customer expect you to be an expert on these smart phones?

In general, how will you handle service calls for smart phone apps?

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: VAR Support for Smart phone apps
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 07:06:53 AM »
My opinion is that is the smartphone is causing the user related issues then I would not cover it under a contract, if the UC application (that I sold them) is causing a glitch then I would cover that.

I see any labor involved to setup/troubleshoot the smartphone they provide as billable.

They may expect us to be experts on the devices but that isn't hard to do when in my experience most users do not even know how to log into their App stores to get the apps in the first place. Most of the platforms work in a similar mannor so once you have installed and configured one you can do any of them. We have been dealing with this ever since the Blackberry came about and people had no clue how to get e-mail on it. Same concept, different media.

If anyone else has other ideas on this I would love to hear them.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: VAR Support for Smart phone apps
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »
I see any labor involved to setup/troubleshoot the smartphone they provide as billable.

That's kinda what my question was getting at.   I wresting with at what point "covered" service ends.   Same with soft phones.
In a world where every PC is set up differently, one works just fine and the one next to it has 'issues', at what point should we say "I'm billing."?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:40:41 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10