Author Topic: Mitel Forums Ownership  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Mitel Forums Ownership
« on: June 13, 2011, 09:32:16 PM »
  All,

I've decided to get out of the Mitel Forums business.  Ok, it's not a business as it doesn't have any income but you get the idea.  I honestly don't do much if any Mitel work anymore, just maintaining our existing systems at this point.

I am thrilled that this forum has grown into the great resource it is for everyone out there.  It is exactly what I hoped to accomplish when I started it.   At that time there were very few internet resources for good technical information on Mitel systems.  Today, thanks to all of you, there is.

I badly didn't want this resource to go away.  It didn't take long to realize that the logical person to keep an maintain Mitelforums.com is Ralph.  There are very few of us here that haven't been helped by him in one way or another.  It just makes since, and he is willing to take it on.

Ralph is in the process of testing the system on his servers in preparation for the migration.  He is trying to minimize the impact, but there may be some service interruptions when the cut happens.

It has been fun folks.....

-Chak

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Forums Ownership
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
I want to say "thank you" to Chak.   The forum has really turned into a great resource and sounding board for us techie types.  I really appreciate the opportunity.   

I hope everyone will still participate and keep things going through the transition as I move things to my server.

A couple of things I'd like to do is add a couple of new sections - not on the board.   One will be a "How-To" page where we can add some in depth tricks and tips.   I had been posting some of these on one of my websites and ezinearticles.com but think it would be better if it were published here.   If you'd like to publish one of your own, let me know.

Another thing I'd like to do is add an opt-in newsletter.   Once a month.   Featuring the best of forum post, how-to, what's new at Mitel and "Featured Features".   I'll add  a new section on the forum for discussing the newsletter so perhaps you can feel free to participate.

It's going to be a couple of weeks before I move things over but I'll announce it just before I do and port it over a weekend.   Hopefully things will go smoothly but if not, please bear with me.

Thanks a lot.
Ralph

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:54:09 AM »
I would like to thank you guys for making this forum possible. In my opinion it has become a great source of information where everyone can learn from each others comments and points of view.

From Holland, again a big thank you!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »
I spoke with a Mitel regional marketing rep yesterday about some ideas.
There are some exciting possibilities that I think may really enhance the resources.

It's getting exciting.

Ralph

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:35:24 AM »
I think I speak for ecveryone in thanking Chak for starting the ball rolling. When my mitel journey began information was scarce at best.

I'm sure Ralph will do a sterling job and get help from us all here.

I'd go so far as to say theres more "correct" technical information here than the whole of edocs (where I can never find anything any way - lol)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10