Author Topic: Nupoint Dial by name  (Read 6734 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nupoint Dial by name
« on: December 17, 2008, 03:23:52 PM »
ok, I have a rather interesting request from my boss for a possible config and I don't think it is possible, but I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Scenario:
40 3300s clustered that currently use the embedded VM and we want to put them all on a centralized Nupoint. Problem is that this is a school system that the parents are acustom to using dial by name and we do not want the headache of parents accidentally transfering themselves all over the county.

So my question is does anyone know of a way to group the names by controller in the Nupoint's dial by name directory?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nupoint Dial by name
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:33:30 PM »
Nevermind this post, I spoke with tech support and you can't do it.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »
  I know NuPoint supports Tenanting - couldn't you use that to "separate" the directories?  It wouldn't be done by the controller and would have to be managed....

I haven't actually used tenanting on NuPoint so am far from certain this would work...

-Chak

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
according to tech supprt all the GCOS (tenating) does is keep mailboxes from contacting one another. They said that the directory that dial by name uses would not be affected by this.

It seems like it would be simple for them to integrate this into the Nupoint by either adding a drop box in the mailbox config that is similar to the OPS distribution list or by allowing you to select a home element and group names based on that.

Oh well, Mitel doesn't care.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »
Watch for this to come. I know Mitel is finishing up their install of the Chicago school district, complete with NuPoints shared at several schools. This is something I've been told has become a high priority for them because of Chicago. I know there have been several features added recently because of Chicago, like the search function of the phonebook searching your local teldir before searching all of the cluster.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 06:26:57 PM »
That's good to hear, I knew that there was a DCR open for it but I never received a response on it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10