Author Topic: Mitel 5000CP Call Blocking Day Ring  (Read 165 times)

Offline jrichter

• View Profile
Mitel 5000CP Call Blocking Day Ring
« on: April 24, 2024, 12:05:52 PM »
Many thanks in advance for help on this one.

I have a Mitel 5000CP and I am having trouble blocking incoming calls by CID during the day. I have been able to do this successfully for the Night Ring Call Routing Table, but when I route the Day Ring Call Routing Table to the Application I created that only has the Digit Translation timeout set to hangup (the same application I use for the Night Ring), the call still goes directly to the Auto Attendant.

As stated, the Night Ring just hangs up on the call when I use my own cell number as a test, but for the Day Ring...directly to auto attendant. What could I be doing wrong? I do that the Empty item and + items set to the appropriate Applications just like with the Night Ring, but for the life of me, I can't get the Day Ring to just disconnect the call. The reason for this is that we have a few SPAM calls and marketers that are pestering our customer support team.

I hope that explains what I want to do and what I have done well enough.

Thanks once again!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 12:19:12 PM by jrichter »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000CP Call Blocking Day Ring
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 09:12:05 AM »
jrichter,

The best thing is to start at the beginning which would be one of two things.

ISDN Trunks
System > Devices and Feature Codes > CO Trunk Groups > {Trunk Group} > Day Ring-In Type

SIP Trunks
System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > {Trunk Group} > Trunk Group Configuration > Day Ring-In Type

Regardless of which one it is you need to make sure that the Day Ring-In Type is going to the Call Routing Table you want to use for Blocking. I am not going to refer to them as Day or Night as technically that is just a label you assign to the Call Routing Table.

Inside of the Table [System > Trunk-Related Information > Call Routing Tables] you need to make sure three things happen.

1. The Call Routing Key is set to Outside Party Number.
2. The Pattern that is coming in matches what the system sees.
3. The last two Patterns [E and +] sends the call to a Call Routing Table that has a Routing Key set to Trunk Number so it gets routed based on incoming DID pattern.

Hopefully that allows you to find the issue you are having. If you think all of the above is correctly configured, then we can look at what Pattern you have versus what Pattern the system sees.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10