Author Topic: Best way to implement Micollab client to a existing not in use Micollab server.  (Read 458 times)

Online thenewguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I have a Micollab (9.6.2.9) and two 3300 controllers (ver. 9.4) that is only being used for the Nupoint voicemail.  I am wanting to integrate Teams into the mix and use the teams to call through the PBX and Micollab.
I am doing this very cautious due to not wanting to kill 200 voicemail boxes on the Nupoint.  How is the best way to bring the users with mailboxes over to the Micollab where I can deploy the desktop client.  There are two Mitel controllers and one Micollab in this setup.  The controllers back each other up.  Can I run the wizard and let it do its thing ? 

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How are you integrating Teams calling right now?

Online thenewguy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
At this location, we are not.  They are wanting to use teams to use the PBX to call out (mainly mobile and on the move users).  They do have the Micollab server running for the Nupoint and call director but that is it.  Going the Micollab route would require to get everyone on the Micollab client, using the deployment feature i suppose?  Then use the Mitel assistant in Teams?  I have never used call2teams before and I'm sure they don't want to pay for it with a micollab sitting there.  I will gladly take any suggestions.  I think the biggest hurdle will be getting everyone with a desktop client.   Thank You

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Assuming you don't have USP integration set up already, go to edocs.mitel.com and get the MiCollab Installation and Maintenance Guide for MiVB for your release, and take a look at Appendix C, which walks you through the setup for an existing MiVB and MiCollab server. Then for setting up the users, you'll need to configure emails and login ID's for all the users (and optionally sync the users with AD if you want to save them from remembering another password). Also do the work of setting up your feature profiles and user profiles on the front end, it will save you headaches later. Also get your roles and templates set up to make adding new users easier.

As far as Teams integration, Mitel Assistant works, but doesn't really have any features to speak of. You can't even add a speed dial directly, it has to come from either the global address book or the user's Outlook contacts. It's been a couple years since I played around with Call2teams, but I remember that was pretty limited as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10