Author Topic: New SIP install with audio issues  (Read 330 times)

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
New SIP install with audio issues
« on: March 08, 2024, 09:38:39 AM »
Hi All,

Running into a strange issue with hopes of finding some answers here.....

We've recently migrated to SIP with our Mitel system and throughout the day, incoming and outgoing calls with just lose audio.
Example, a customer calls in, hears ringing, when our receptionist picks up, the caller just hears dead air. Receptionist see caller ID, phone rings, but just dead air and neither one of them can hear each other.

Now that strange part.....80% of the day, audio works fine..calls function normal.

Intermittently, we will lose audio.

It appears to maybe be a port issue on the firewall because when audio stops working, I temporarily open all UDP ports, and things go back to normal.
This is driving me insane because ports just don't close on their own and the intermittent audio drop outs occur at no specific times throughout the day.
Could audio be jumping ports? port 5060 are open both ways, which i am told handles audio.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New SIP install with audio issues
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 10:00:00 AM »
You need not only 5060, but the calls build on UDP 20000-29999 so that will need to be opened as well between the MBG and your LAN. I'm strictly shooting from the hip here, but it sounds like you may not have the full range of that open. If the MBG is already in your LAN don't forget to trust the networks with your IP phone IP's as well. For instance, if some calls go through a teleworker gateway on another subnet, don't forget to trust that in your SIP MBG (been there).

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: New SIP install with audio issues
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 01:21:42 PM »
In addition to ZuluAlphas comments, make sure SIP ALG is disabled on anything sitting between the MiVB, MBG, and your connection to the SIP carrier.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10