Author Topic: How do I get a call park indication on the phones?  (Read 397 times)

Offline adynes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How do I get a call park indication on the phones?
« on: February 19, 2024, 11:28:29 AM »
We just upgraded to a MiVoice system from a Office 250 and overall the transition has been smooth except for call parking.  On the old system people would just put a call on hold and tell someone to pick up their line which they did with 4+ext.  On the new system that doesn't work and I was told we would have to use Call Park + Retrieve.

So I setup a dummy extension, 1998, called "Call Parking" then setup buttons on my phone and a test phone called "Park Call" with the feature code "Call Park" and the extension 1998 then a second button called "Retrieve Call" with the feature code "Call Park - Retrieve".  This seems to work, I can take a call and press "Park Call" and it says "Parked@ 1998 @ 04".   I then from the test phone can do a "Retrieve Call" + 04 and pick it up (or # for longest parked works too). 

Now is there a way to get any indication there is something parked?  All our phones are 6930w's but adding a DSS/Busy Lamp for 1998 doesn't do anything when a call is just parked (that I can tell).  Can the Retrieve Call button have a indication or should this be setup a different way?  If it matters all these users are in the same Ring Group.

(If there is a better way to do this I'm open to that also)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get a call park indication on the phones?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 11:54:14 AM »
You'd want to program a "Group Park" key against the DN. This lets you park and pick up a parked call by just pressing the Group Park key, and also gives you an indication that a call is parked.

Offline adynes

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get a call park indication on the phones?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 08:12:24 AM »
Thank you.  That was the part I was missing.  So now I have a Group Park going to 1998 and then I left the call retrieve also in case there are multiple calls parked and it seems to work well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10