Author Topic: SMB Embedded Nupoint Auto Attendants  (Read 469 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
SMB Embedded Nupoint Auto Attendants
« on: February 15, 2024, 06:58:38 PM »
I will preface my question by stating that I have over 25 years of experience in telecommunications. I have installed and been certified in Nortel, Iwatsu, ShoreTel, Samsung, Avaya, the Mitel 250, 470, and most recently the MiVoice Business.  I currently have a MiVoice Business SMB with Embedded NuPoint VM on the test bench being prepped for installation next week. 
The customer is a church and school.  We are installing SIP trunks and porting their current numbers to the SIP trunks.  Currently the church and the school each have their own answering machine for messages.  They would like to have separate Auto Attendants for each. I am struggling how to find a way to do this on the SMB.  The voicemail ports seem to automatically be tied to the voicemail hunt group and it does not appear that there is an easy way to split that up.  The system is currently configured with 4 voicemail ports. I tried experimenting with a phantom extension but have not been successful.  I built a call flow for testing and that works fine for the school side but I am not sure how to have a separate call flow for the church. 
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SMB Embedded Nupoint Auto Attendants
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 08:15:22 AM »
Do the church and school have different numbers? When a call reroutes to the VM Hunt group it will know the number called (assuming it's set up right which it sounds like it is) and you should be able to set up each number with it's own call flow.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 09:21:53 AM »
Yes, the church and school each have their own phone number.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 01:22:26 PM »
Are all calls to voicemail being routed to the same call flow? It should just be as simple as making a call flow for each number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10