Author Topic: Oaisys Migration and Rebuild  (Read 478 times)

Offline chi-ltd

• View Profile
Oaisys Migration and Rebuild
« on: February 15, 2024, 06:53:20 AM »
Hello

We are going to be migrate from our ShoreTel system to Teams.  Unfortunately during the last few years we haven't upgraded ShoreTel or oaisys and i believe both are now EoL.  We are still paying support to our incumbent.

As part of the migration to Teams using either Luware or ASC (at present) migration of recordings to either of these two from Oaisys are cost prohibitive so we are planning on installing a new Oaisys server (supported OS) and importing all the recordings so we can at least access these over the coming years c7yrs). 

I've two issues, one; the incumbent are not supporting the recorder any longer as there isnt an upgrade path.  It looks fairly easy to build a new server so plan to do this ourselves.  The bigger issue (was made aware of recently) is that the license key we have in the physical server is going to stop working post 30th June.  Is this correct and if so how do we get hold of the virtual software patch to replicate the USB key (we plan to virtualize in azure)?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Oaisys Migration and Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 05:39:12 PM »
August 1, 2022, was end of Add-on/Expansion sales (ie. licensing)... This would fall in that category... I don't think what you are wanting to do is viable. The existing system will run as is until the end of license date, but MiVoice Call Recording is a dead product. I have another larger customer in a similar situation... we have yet to come up with a viable solution as their phone system is discontinued as well.

Mitel Interaction Recording is the official replacement platform for this... but if you are migrating away it might not be a viable solution either.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 05:42:46 PM by acejavelin »

Offline jmarx33

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Oaisys Migration and Rebuild
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 11:11:39 AM »
We are planning to move to the ASC from the MiVCR and not moving any of the the recordings over, we are just going to leave the old system running as a historical and still access it with management studio, also for the license key look at this KB from Mitel.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10