Author Topic: Restoring new flash card from backups  (Read 817 times)

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Restoring new flash card from backups
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:57:09 PM »
Our old card bit the dust and we have a new one on the way, but I had a quick question about applying our backups to it: I have a "database-only" backup from right before when the card bit the dust, and a full backup from about a month ago. Is it possible to apply the full January backup to at least have some semblance of voicemail content, and then the database-only backup after that to get our extensions and such current?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Restoring new flash card from backups
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 11:28:36 PM »
Yes... assuming you have sufficient changes to justify the additional restore.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 08:09:25 AM »
jjc8008,

Are you the one making the change or are they sending a technician to make the change?

If you are doing it, then make sure that you don't throw away the old Compact Flash as Mitel is going to want that back or they will charge you a few thousand dollars as they see two compact flashes with the same ARID [Application Record ID].

Thanks,

TE

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 10:36:54 AM »
jjc8008,

Are you the one making the change or are they sending a technician to make the change?

If you are doing it, then make sure that you don't throw away the old Compact Flash as Mitel is going to want that back or they will charge you a few thousand dollars as they see two compact flashes with the same ARID [Application Record ID].

Thanks,

TE

I believe we're doing it ourselves. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to hang on to our old card

Yes... assuming you have sufficient changes to justify the additional restore.

Awesome, thanks! I wonder if restoring the full backup first would be a necessary step anyway? Can you receive a fresh new flash card and simply apply JUST the incremental/database only backup? Or would you have to apply a full backup of some sort first anyway?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 12:31:19 PM »
jjc8008,

If you are doing this yourself, you need to know a few more things that are not obvious at first.

1. Do you have the new license key for the new Compact Flash?
2. What version is the ARID expect to be at?
3. What version is your system currently at?
4. What version is the Compact Flash at?
5. Do you have the software to upgrade or downgrade the Compact Flash/System?
6. Do you know how to upgrade or downgrade the Compact Flash/System?

I would use the full backup if I were you as it not only loads the Database it also loads the Music on Hold and any prompts you have for Auto Attendants which doesn't happen with the regular backup. It will also allow users to not have to setup their mailboxes again, but that is a minor issue compared to having the system operational and taking calls as soon as the database is installed.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 07:09:55 AM »
jjc8008,

If you are doing this yourself, you need to know a few more things that are not obvious at first.

1. Do you have the new license key for the new Compact Flash?
2. What version is the ARID expect to be at?
3. What version is your system currently at?
4. What version is the Compact Flash at?
5. Do you have the software to upgrade or downgrade the Compact Flash/System?
6. Do you know how to upgrade or downgrade the Compact Flash/System?

I would use the full backup if I were you as it not only loads the Database it also loads the Music on Hold and any prompts you have for Auto Attendants which doesn't happen with the regular backup. It will also allow users to not have to setup their mailboxes again, but that is a minor issue compared to having the system operational and taking calls as soon as the database is installed.

Thanks,

TE

Since our old reseller told us they don't have our license files & can't get them from Mitel, we've since engaged a different vendor. They've been extremely quick about getting the ownership of our accounts switched over to them, sending out the new flash card, etc, and they're basically our new liaison w/Mitel. So, I'm assuming (hoping) that all things licensing will be handled/delivered by them, and possibly even the restoration/updating/etc of our backups to the new compact flash.

That being said, our system was on 6.0.11 at the time. In an attempt to try and remedy the situation, our old vendor actually brought us a CF card with 6.0.9 on it, and we were able to update it to 6.0.11 and apply our backups to it and actually regain a tiny bit of functionality (but obviously the licensing is way out of whack for the most part). So as far as updating the call system & backups, I think we're fairly competent in that arena, but I'm hoping since we've latched on to a new reseller they'll (at the very least) be around for questions if we hit any snags.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 08:19:57 AM »
jjc8008,

So, if your old vendor sent out a compact flash and they didn't have access to the licensing then the licensing attached to it isn't yours, technically.

Anyway, hopefully, your new vendor is aware enough to walk you through the process or better yet sends out someone who can do it all correctly for you.

I hope you kept the original Compact fFash as that is the one that has your licensing associated with it and that is the one Mitel will want back from your new vendor after they change the ARID to the new Hardware ID of the new Compact Flash.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10