Author Topic: Mitel 5000 HX stuck in boot loop after reboot  (Read 605 times)

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 HX stuck in boot loop after reboot
« on: February 10, 2024, 04:15:45 PM »
Recently (after some planned internet outages by our cable internet provider, possibly just coincidental), all of our outgoing calls appear on recipient devices/caller ID as "<3digit area code>-111-1111". This is obviously problematic, as our normal number for all outgoing calls has always been something "normal" like "<3digit area code>-555-7890". After calls to our carrier, they insisted that our Mitel box is to blame. Ok fine, Saturday morning, initiate a reboot directly from the front of the Mitel box itself, but now it's stuck in a constant boot loop:

In preboot...
Self-Test...
Booting...
<repeat these 3 perpetually>

I've tried reseating the PCB boards that are inserted in to what I gather is the PRI? But no luck. Both PRI "boards" are lit up:

Green beside DSL, DSL 1, and DSL2
Red beside DS1 and ALM
Yellow beside "ESF/SF (YEL||GRN)" and "B8ZS/AMI (YEL) (GRN)"

The only possible culprit I've turned up so far is that it could be the storage/flash card (either missing or corrupt). It is indeed inserted in to the back of the Mitel box, but whether it's corrupt or not remains to be seen.

Update: I've gotten putty access, and during the boot looping it's outputting what appears to be some standard stuff, then lots of errors that point toward what I mentioned above (bad flash card):

-------------------
fsck.ext2: Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read whda: task_in_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: task_in_intr: error=0x44 { DriveStatusError UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=1699182, sector=1699182

fsck failed.  Please repair manually and reboot.  Please note
that the root file system is currently mounted read-only.  To
remount it read-write:

# mount -n -o remount,rw /

CONTROL-D will exit from this shell and REBOOT the system.
-------------------

I guess the last card to play is mount the file system in read-write mode and run fsck against it...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 05:47:39 PM by jjc8008 »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 HX stuck in boot loop after reboot
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 01:15:28 AM »
Your CF card is toast... get a new one and restore a backup... That is the only thing to do. You have to get one from Mitel as they are have a special format and an embedded SYSID code that will have to be transferred in AMC for the license.

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 10:14:39 AM »
Your CF card is toast... get a new one and restore a backup... That is the only thing to do. You have to get one from Mitel as they are have a special format and an embedded SYSID code that will have to be transferred in AMC for the license.

Ok thanks. Would you recommend a direct call to Mitel, or could a reseller provide the licensed card?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 07:55:56 AM »
jjc8008,

You really need to go to the Vendor that installed it as they hold the licensing in the AMC.

Otherwise, you will need to get it transferred to either Mitel Direct or another VAR which costs money.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jjc8008

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 04:47:36 PM »
jjc8008,

You really need to go to the Vendor that installed it as they hold the licensing in the AMC.

Otherwise, you will need to get it transferred to either Mitel Direct or another VAR which costs money.

Thanks,

TE

Problem is, shortly after the carrier set this all up (2016 maybe?) they moved away from Mitel. No one there seems to have any knowledge of Mitel systems and we hit a brick wall when asking them about our license file(s)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10