Author Topic: Decrypt VoiceMail messages on Aastra 430?  (Read 245 times)

Offline danielm1987

• View Profile
Decrypt VoiceMail messages on Aastra 430?
« on: January 29, 2024, 06:10:32 PM »
Hello,

I wanted to programmatically watch the voicemail from my Aastra 430.

I had partial success: To see the amount of messages, I can simply create an FTP connection, and count the vm*.dat files in /home/voice/vm/gen. Then I have the total amount of mailbox messages. However, I do not know the time, the sender, or if it has been already listened to by someone.

My goal would be to download the voicemail, maybe convert it to MP3 and send it to an email, or include it in our ticket system.
Unfortunately, the vm*.dat files are encrypted (I remember it was described in a document that it is encrypted). However, nowhere is mentioned the algorithm or the password.

Is there any possibility of decrypting it (as the owner of the device)? Is the algorithm known? Can the "password" (if there is one) be read from a RAM backup? (For some reason, I have a few years old RAM backup on the FTP directory. A service technician must have left there)

Alternative question: Is there a possibility to configure that the voicemail saves voicemails simply unencrypted? (I don't really understand that encrypted nonsense in the first place. If someone cracks the FTP account, then unencrypted voicemail would be the least of my worries.)

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10