Author Topic: Forwarding to EHDU  (Read 575 times)

Offline tstreets

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Forwarding to EHDU
« on: January 02, 2024, 03:28:37 PM »
I'm working on an issue with a customer where they want to forward all calls from a specific DID to an external hot desk phone to pick them up on a cell phone.  The reason is they want to know the call is coming from the specific DID and they don't look at their phone display or are away from the desk.

My routing is set to route all calls to a hunt group so the company could get call counts reporting within Mitel Contact Center and forward the call to the external hot desk extension that rings the mobile phone.    The issue I am running into is that the external hot desk extension is not logged in so the call fails.  I can't get the extension logged in.

Can anyone think of a easier solution for this request or work around for this issue?

This is a 3300 running MiVB 9.0 SP3

Offline tstreets

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarding to EHDU
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 12:14:40 PM »
I worked around this issue by taking a totally different approach to the problem.  I created and ACD path and had the call interflow to a system speed call and transfer the call.  This also required the updating of several COS options to allow the call to transfer outbound with the original calling party ID.  My hope this MiContact Center captures the call counts to this ACD path for them to have a record of the number of calls.

Here are the changes I had to make to allow the call to transfer from the NuPoint over the SIP trunks and pass the original calling party ID.

Trunk COS
Changed Originator's Display Update In Call Forwarding/Rerouting to YES
Public Network To Public Network Connection Allowed, set to YES.

NuPoint COS
Display Held Call ID on Transfer to YES
Public Network To Public Network Connection Allowed, set to YES.

SIP Peer Profile > Calling Line ID, updated both options below to YES
Public Calling Party Number Passthrough
Use Original Calling Party Number If Available

In not answered the call will recall the call back to the system and reroute to the customers general delivery mailbox.  The call was recalled to the MiVB ACD path, not the interflow extension.  I made this ACD path extension a call director mailbox within NuPoint and sent the call to the customers general delivery mailbox.

So now I have a call being picked up by a NuPoint Call Director mailbox, transferred outbound to a cell phone, recalling back to the PBX and into NuPoint which reroutes to a general delivery mailbox if not answered by the user that has the cell phone.

If I could set different ring tones for DSS/BLF keys on a Mitel MiNet 6900 IP phone all if this could have been avoided......hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarding to EHDU
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 06:33:03 AM »
Thank you for sharing your solution, tstreets.
After reading your original post that's the first thing I though of was interflowing from an ACD Express group.
I'm glad that worked for you.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10