Author Topic: Avatars work in MiCollab app but not on 6900's  (Read 531 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Avatars work in MiCollab app but not on 6900's
« on: December 19, 2023, 11:42:53 AM »
We're running MiCollab and MVB 3300 pbx's.

Avatars are scraped from our Active Directory environment, and show up in the MiCollab app just fine, and they used to show up on our 6900 series phones.

However, at some point after a hardware swap and several software upgrades over the last 18 months, they stopped showing up on our 6900's. I've verified that the avatar URL listed in MiCollab is correctly entered on the 3300's, but when I put that URL in a browser I get a 404 error.

The URL I'm using is http://fullyqualifieddomainnameofourmicollabserver/ucs/avatar/dn/mitel-micollab/

Anybody run into this?

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Re: Avatars work in MiCollab app but not on 6900's
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2023, 03:02:42 PM »
Well, I found it.

I had fundamentally misunderstood how the photos got to the phones. The phones themselves reach out to MiCollab for pictures, and since they're reaching out to a URL that includes a hostname rather than an IP, the phones need DNS, which they otherwise would not need.

Our old DHCP settings weren't recreated correctly by our VAR during a hardware refresh, so none of the phones were getting DNS servers with their DHCP leases. As soon as we fixed that, it all started working correctly.

The only interesting bit is that I read in several places online that I should be able to put the extension and a .png after the avatar URL in a browser and see the photo.  i.e. http://fullyqualifieddomainnameofourmicollabserver/ucs/avatar/dn/mitel-micollab/3122.png

That still doesn't work, but the photos do. I don't need that to work, so no harm no foul, but in case anybody else is trying to use that as a troubleshooting tool, it may not be a valid test on current versions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10