Author Topic: MXe-III Software load 10.0.2.23 Release level 6.0 SP 2 - Forward all calls  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Mattb

• View Profile
Hi everyone!

We are in the process of moving away from our Mitel solution and moving to teams voice. As such, during our migration there will be a period where we need to forward calls to our temp number. I understand how to do forwards at extension level, but I find the MCD menu not very intuitive.

Is there a way to forward calls from our 2 main numbers to another number without hitting ring groups?

Thanks in advance!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It depends how your main numbers are set up - if they have a COS capable of forwarding you would just add it in Call Forwarding Profile.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If using DID table and trunks can you internal to external, you could change the destination for the numbers to either a speedcall or the full number including dialout digit

Offline Mattb

• View Profile
Thanks for the answers! They will be useful. However, to avoid disruption to test is it possible to have and extension auto forward to an external number - I set this up on my extension and it works if direct dialled but not if the pickup group is called.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
is it possible to have and extension auto forward to an external number - I set this up on my extension and it works if direct dialled but not if the pickup group is called.

If it works when called internally but not externally there could be a few reasons.
1) You need to change the COR of your trunks to allow them to dial out.
2) You need to change the COS to allow trunk to trunk calls.
3) The call may be being rejected by the outbound carrier because the caller ID being sent out as the originating caller doesn't belong to them.

I'd suspect the COR first.

Ralph

Offline Mattb

• View Profile
is it possible to have and extension auto forward to an external number - I set this up on my extension and it works if direct dialled but not if the pickup group is called.

If it works when called internally but not externally there could be a few reasons.
1) You need to change the COR of your trunks to allow them to dial out.
2) You need to change the COS to allow trunk to trunk calls.
3) The call may be being rejected by the outbound carrier because the caller ID being sent out as the originating caller doesn't belong to them.

I'd suspect the COR first.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph - I am a bit out of depth with the Mitel with it being so old. Ill see if I can check what you have mentioned.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10