Author Topic: MiCollab Softphones - no outgoing audio  (Read 664 times)

Offline BrenM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab Softphones - no outgoing audio
« on: November 14, 2023, 10:04:32 AM »
Good morning,

I've recently had some issues where after deploying the MiCollab mobile app to users, calls can be established, but there is no outgoing audio from the app user. I've undeployed, redeployed, uninstalled the app, and made sure that their settings are identical to my own (and my app functions without issue). However, nothing solves the problem. Does anyone have some insight or direction on how to resolve this? Thanks!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab Softphones - no outgoing audio
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 12:00:09 PM »
This is almost always a firewall issue. Your settings might be mirrored but what about your network circumstance? Teleworker, LAN, etc?

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Softphones - no outgoing audio
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 04:58:30 PM »
Not knowing where your devices connect and where they need to go to and how the server they need to connect to is configured:

Make sure aside 5061 TCP the ports 20002-30999 (it immediately includes video) is opened on the subnets the clients connect from and to the servers. Since as above poster mentioned there is a lot of grey area make a drawing of your network and where the clients connect to and from.

Combine that with the MiVoice Border Gateway Engineering Guidelines found on the mitel website since the last chapter is all about port settings. The documents also include recommended deployment setups.

If you implement all these topics and still need to troubleshoot since firewall dudes always say stuff is fine on their end, install the Teleworker Network Analyzer on your laptop and connect it to the LAN/Wifi the clients connect to and see which ports are blocked. You always need to use a DNS internally as well as externally. Make sure it resolves and from there you can see where ports are closed or opened. The Teleworker Network Analyzer can be found as far as I know only on MBGs. Login and go to "Troubleshooting" in the top bar/ribbon and select "Diagnostics" from the drop down. TNA will be the bottom option.

I hope this helps but complex issues (since we dont know the topology/layout of the network) give complex answers.

Cheers and good luck

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10