Author Topic: Mitel Soft Client  (Read 934 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Mitel Soft Client
« on: November 03, 2023, 04:28:55 PM »
I was playing with a SIP client on my softphone to work through my MBG server.
As soon as my firewall admin opened up SIP ports we started getting hammered with people trying to connect.
That's too much of a security risk that my mangement doesn't want to take.

Question:
Is the MiCollab softclient SIP based or Minet?  We'd need Minet so we don't have to open up SIP ports.

I'm open to any other suggestions as well.

Thanks.
Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Soft Client
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 08:13:56 PM »
MiCollab client soft phone does use SIP, but it at least uses TLS encrypted via TCP on port 5061, so you don't have to have UDP 5060 open, which is where all the scanning traffic is looking. My org only has TCP 5061 open and leaves UDP 5060 blocked, works fine.

Offline Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 05:30:40 PM »
If you use UC Endpoint with TLS on deployment Mandatory and you put security to the highest in MBG settings you should be fine.

I did had to exclude specific outdated Cipher Suites but there is an SO article on that where you use exclamation marks on the webserver.

When you are ready you can always do a pen test on the URL and make sure the js libraries are updated and you should generally be fine.

I did find out that when using templates in MiCollab the setside password is identical to the ICP side when provisioned so worst case you could always do a manual import on MBG with different setside and icpside in combination with an MiVB import.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 04:05:10 PM »
Just was testing on a new site using phonerlite and tls, connected without issue, where as udp 5060 looks to be restricted by the data vendor there. Did get 5060 tcp to connect but had issues also possibly a firewall thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10