Author Topic: Voicemail setup on a multi user phone  (Read 1160 times)

Offline screwyluie

• View Profile
Voicemail setup on a multi user phone
« on: November 01, 2023, 07:48:24 PM »
I have two people sharing the same desk phone. The phone has an extension0. User1 is associated with the extension0/phone. User1 has a different extension1 for their voicemail box which is programed as a key on the phone for easy access. User2 has been created and associated with the same extension0/phone and also have a different extension2 for voicemail.

The hangup is when trying to add User2's voicemail to the keys on the phone is says the extension2 is not in the directory. I didn't have to do anything else when setting up User1 so I'm not sure what went wrong this time.

Could use some help.

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail setup on a multi user phone
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 08:48:53 PM »
Do you have a MiCollab?  I've seen a similar error and assume you do.  Here is how I would approach it with an example:

User1 is ext 1000 which is a full user on MiVB and MiCollab and the extension pinned to the phone.
User2 is ext 1001 which is a trusted extension (can be fully licensed but doesn't need to be) on MiVB and full user on MiCollab
Put User2 as a multi-call on User1's phone so they can get calls and then an MWI key for their mailbox.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 09:12:43 AM »
Is there any reason you're not having them hotdesk?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 09:44:29 AM »
What voice mail are you using? Embedded, MiCollab/NuPoint, or something else?

Offline screwyluie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 11:34:22 AM »
Do you have a MiCollab?  I've seen a similar error and assume you do.  Here is how I would approach it with an example:

User1 is ext 1000 which is a full user on MiVB and MiCollab and the extension pinned to the phone.
User2 is ext 1001 which is a trusted extension (can be fully licensed but doesn't need to be) on MiVB and full user on MiCollab
Put User2 as a multi-call on User1's phone so they can get calls and then an MWI key for their mailbox.

I'm not aware of MiCollab so I'm going to say no. This is an inherited system so I'm still getting accustomed to it.
Trying to add user2's extension to the phone as the second line results in "The value entered for the following field already exists as a key : 'Hosted User Service Guid' "

Is there any reason you're not having them hotdesk?

My understanding of that is they would sign into the phone and the phone would then be associated with their extension. I need multiple people to use it during the same shift, so either could answer at any time. Also this is the way it was previously setup and I'm just trying to add user2 to the mix and it's not working.

What voice mail are you using? Embedded, MiCollab/NuPoint, or something else?

Whatever the default voicemail is in the admin page. I'm creating the vmail box and assigning it an extension then I'm trying to add that extension as "Message waiting Indicator" key for that extension.

Offline screwyluie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2023, 12:19:28 PM »
ok well I don't know if this is correct but instead of making a vmail box I made a new user/extension and then in that interface added a vmail box and this worked. I was able to add the vmail extension as a button on the phone.

my concern is that this will use a license since it's a full extension.
There are 'non prime' extensions in the system which as I understand don't use a license but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create those.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 12:49:43 PM »
There are 'non prime' extensions in the system which as I understand don't use a license but I can't for the life of me figure out how to create those.

You just create a Single Line appearance of an available DN on a phone. When I've had a similar situation, I just created a Single Line appearance & MWI key for User B's number, then create the mailbox and set the 1st Alternative ReRoute on the Single Line DN to VM.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 06:27:03 AM »
You just create a Single Line appearance of an available DN on a phone. When I've had a similar situation, I just created a Single Line appearance & MWI key for User B's number, then create the mailbox and set the 1st Alternative ReRoute on the Single Line DN to VM.

That's how I've always done it.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10