Author Topic: Hobby help - Mitel HX  (Read 491 times)

Offline patrickomatic

• View Profile
Hobby help - Mitel HX
« on: October 29, 2023, 11:19:58 AM »
I guess I might a bit odd, but I've always had a bit of a thing for PBXs and have run an asterisk box for the last 15-20 years or so at home; the cisco handsets are getting a bit long in the tooth and I've been on the look out for a replacement. I won an HX controller, some sort of analogue breakout and half a dozen handsets for GBP20 over the weekend. I know the password reset can be painful, the seller pulled the kit from a working environment after it was left behind by the previous tenant so there's zero paperwork or info to go with it. I can't see it being economic to buy a support contract even if a supplier would sell to an individual. I was aware of the situation before I put my bid in, but still thought it was worth a punt... Can anyone help me avoid adding to a pile of e-waste? I badly need the programming software for the controller. I also wonder if it's worth trying a password cracker on the web interface - are there any default usernames that are common (usernames, not passwords). All help most appreciated, I'm just an enthusiast so please be gentle :-) Thanks - Patrick

Sorry for earlier truncated version, the editor doesn't like the symbol for English coin of the realm
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 11:24:31 AM by patrickomatic »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hobby help - Mitel HX
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 05:27:28 PM »
The default username is admin... it is unlikely it was removed or changed (not sure it's even possible)...

The programming software is version specific, so it depends what version you have.

A factory reset is NOT recommended, as you will wind up with an unlicensed box, which will function but will reset every 240 minutes. The license key comes only from Mitel and is tied to the hardware ID of the sd card.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10