Author Topic: How to show extension on Mitel 5330e devices  (Read 797 times)

Offline dschumacher

• View Profile
How to show extension on Mitel 5330e devices
« on: October 27, 2023, 11:41:27 AM »
I have been asked by a small non-profit to assist in adding and deleting users on their MiVoice Office 250 system.
One of their main concerns is that the extension number is not visible on the Mitel 5330e phones that they use. Unfortunately, I am remote to their office and cannot physically see what the end user is seeing to direct them to it. I have searched, but have yet to find instructions or directions to get to the extension of the physical device. I don't have a "live" system at the moment to look at to find this on my own.
I do have access to their AWP and am wondering if there is a way to reconfigure their devices to show the extension from within the AWP?
On my old system (3300), the extension number appeared as the last entry on the first screen.
I would like to program these devices to display in the same manner (or anywhere on the default screen)
If this is not possible, any instruction to get to the location of the extension on these devices would be the next best option.
Any help with this would be appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to show extension on Mitel 5330e devices
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 03:03:33 PM »
dschumacher,

No, there isn't a way to make changes to the extensions to show the extension via the AWP.

You need to get into their system's DB programming.

Depending on if their Feature Codes are default then 396 [Review Keys] can be used to view the keys on the phone to see what they are programmed as. The key that lights up when they answer a call should be their Call Key and that will show you the extension of the device if it doesn't already show up on the display in the upper right-hand corner of it.

Sorry,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 03:10:16 PM »
On 5330e phones, the extension shows on the top of the display along with the phone name (right below the date/time).
eg.  the top portion of the display will show "x1001         John D"  - where x1001 is the extension number

Offline dschumacher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 03:39:21 PM »
Thanks for the prompt responses TE and lowradiation!
Since I am offsite, I have to rely on the "eyes in the office"
I'll have to contact one of the folks over there, but based on my last conversation with them, that was not appearing.
In trying to connect with the SAaD to look at the db, I've encountered the following error that I haven't been able to get past:
Launch db programming
It loads to 10% then throws the following error:
Unable to start the DB programming session (HRESULT=0x80040154):
FACILITY_ITF - This error is interface specific. No further information is available

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 05:32:30 PM »
dschumacher,

You will probably have to reinstall SA&D again to solve that problem.

If you have Windows 10 or 11 then you will need to get SA&D 6.3 SP4 and install that first and then SA&D 6.3 SP7 and install that second. After that you can install the DB Programming version you need to access the phone system.

There are 32 and 64 bit versions of the software and it depends on whether you have 32 or 64 bit version of MS Office applications already installed on your system on which one to choose.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10