Author Topic: Unanswered calls not forwarding to a new mailbox  (Read 1228 times)

Offline greydan31

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Unanswered calls not forwarding to a new mailbox
« on: October 26, 2023, 10:54:44 AM »
First post, as our Mitel technician recently went another company and it's fallen on me to figure the system out.

I'm attempting to set up a mailbox on an extension that sat unassigned for a while, but has recently been given to a new employee. I think I have the mailbox itself set up correctly--I can access it by calling the voicemail menu, and the message indicator lights up on the phone when a message is left.

But, unanswered calls to the extension aren't transferring to the mailbox. I compared the transfer and forwarding path settings in MiVoice to a couple other extensions+boxes that are working correctly, and the settings looks identical (except with the extension/mailbox number changed to reflect the new mailbox), so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Unanswered calls not forwarding to a new mailbox
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 11:23:14 AM »
greydan31,

Did you make sure that the System Forwarding Flag was set to yes for that extension?

Thanks,

TE

Offline greydan31

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 12:05:41 PM »
greydan31,

Did you make sure that the System Forwarding Flag was set to yes for that extension?

Thanks,

TE
Are you meaning "System Forwarding" in System / Devices and Feature Codes / Phones / Local / [ext] / Flags?

If so, then yes, it is set to Yes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 12:25:11 PM by greydan31 »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 12:39:01 PM »
greydan31,

System Forwarding is a simple process so let's just go through it and let you figure out what is going wrong.

1. Create an Associated Mailbox for the device you want to create it for. That will automatically setup Message Notification when a message goes into the mailbox and provide you with a Directory entry if you use either First or Last Name.
2. Setup System Forwarding Paths to send calls to the Voice Mail application on Forwarding Point 1. This is located under Phone Related Information > System Forwarding Paths.
3. Verify the System Forwarding Flag is set to yes. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {extension} > Flags > System Forwarding: Yes
4. Setup the System Forwarding Path. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {extension} > Forwarding Paths: right-click and add the Forwarding Path to Voice Mail.
5. Click on the System Forwarding Path and verify the conditions can call types that will be forwarded to that path.

That is the basics to System Forwarding on the MiVO-250. You can press F1 on any of the pages to see more information on how that section is programmed.

Thanks,

TE

Offline greydan31

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 02:33:11 PM »
Thanks. That helped. I deleted the old Forwarding Path and added it anew. The extension is now forwarding to mail when a call is unanswered and the extension is not busy.

Which leads into another part of the issue I am still having... On most of our extensions, when the extension is busy, the call goes directly to mail. It's still not doing that on this extension--it's just saying the line is busy and keeps the caller on hold.

Any ideas why calls aren't forwarding to mail in that situation? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 02:37:58 PM by greydan31 »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 08:17:08 AM »
greydan31,

You didn't check the busy condition as one of the conditions when setting up the forwarding path.

You know you can also copy and paste one extension to another and just select the forwarding and flags when pasting to the extension you want to be the same.

Do you work for a VAR or are you the customer?

If you are the customer you may want to get training from your VAR and if you are the VAR you will want to get training from Mitel before they remove that as an option.

I have been thinking about creating a Udemy course for the MiVO-250, but I don't know if it would be worth the time.

Thanks,

TE

Offline greydan31

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 04:30:22 PM »
You didn't check the busy condition as one of the conditions when setting up the forwarding path.
Apologies for my ignorance, but is this one of the indicators in  System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {extension} > Forwarding Paths > 1 ?

If so, it looks like all the flags relevant to Busy are set to Yes. The flags there all match the flags for the forwarding paths on an extension that is forwarding as we want it to.

Do you work for a VAR or are you the customer?

If you are the customer you may want to get training from your VAR and if you are the VAR you will want to get training from Mitel before they remove that as an option.
I'm a customer. The main tech with the VAR who serviced us left his company and went to another a few months ago. I've been trying to sell my boss on switching to his new company, but no luck so far. I've heard from a couple sources that the VAR is getting out of that particular business.

The boss has expressed interest in getting a new phone system sometime next year. But in the meantime, someone needs to know how to do a few things with the current system, and it's basically fallen on me. But I'm mostly starting from scratch.

I have been thinking about creating a Udemy course for the MiVO-250, but I don't know if it would be worth the time.
You have to do what's best for you, followed by what works best for the most people. But to the extent that my vote counts, I'd be for it.  ;)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 05:23:28 PM »
greydan31,

The first entry should be the one going to VM and if Station - Busy is set to Yes and the Call Type you are testing with is also set to Yes then it should be going to VM on a busy condition. If you are testing with an IC [Intercom Call] that Call Type is usually set to No and therefore won't send calls to VM as that is usually a condition that you don't want.

The only other thing that I can think of off the top of my head is that there is a User account for Dynamic Extension Express setup for that user and it is controlling forwarding for that user's phone.

Go to Users > {extension} > Enable Dynamic Extension Express: No

If you do that and it starts working, then that is why System Forwarding isn't working as expected.

Thanks,

TE

Offline greydan31

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 05:51:13 PM »
The first entry should be the one going to VM and if Station - Busy is set to Yes and the Call Type you are testing with is also set to Yes then it should be going to VM on a busy condition. If you are testing with an IC [Intercom Call] that Call Type is usually set to No and therefore won't send calls to VM as that is usually a condition that you don't want.
Ok, question... All of our extensions have Station - Busy set to Yes, as far as I can tell. If it's a call type issue, would it be causing that issue on all extensions? Or am I misreading you?

I don't see that extension listed in Users, so I'm guessing that's not the problem.

It's almost quitting time for the week, so I'll probably try to hit this again Monday. I do appreciate all the help and advice.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10