Author Topic: Changing hunt group behavior  (Read 1046 times)

Offline herpderp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Changing hunt group behavior
« on: October 17, 2023, 05:56:07 PM »
We have a MiVoice Office 250 set up with a few different hunt groups with different numbers the public can call. There are two phones in one of the groups, phone 1 rings a few times before phone 2 starts ringing, I want to change it so phone 2 rings a few times before phone 1 rings. I've found the hunt groups/hunt group members sections in the DB programming app. The hunt group members section has groups named P0000, P0001, etc. I've found the people I want to edit in the P0003 group. In the hunt group sections I see the P0001/2/4/etc groups listed as members in some of the hunt groups but I'm not seeing the P0003 group I want to edit listed as members in any of the groups.

Anyone have any idea where else they might be? And how I would edit it to make phone 2 ring before phone 1?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing hunt group behavior
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 08:00:11 PM »
herpderp,

First of all if they are using PXXX then that is an Extension List and all phones in that group will ring at the same time.

If there are multiple PXXX numbers in a Hunt Group then all phones in the top PXXX entry will ring first until the No Answer Advance Timer is up and then it will ring all of the phones in the second PXXX entry and so on.

What you need to do is find the Hunt Group that calls are sent to for the number you are wanting to change things for.

That would depend on how the trunks get into your system and what type they are.

If you know the Hunt Group you want to change then you should see the members in one of two ways.

Each individual Extension will show up as a member in the order you want the extensions to ring in.
Each Extension List will show up as a member in the order you want the list to ring in.

Note: An Extension List can just have one extension in it.

Hope that helps,

TE

Offline herpderp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2023, 10:51:36 AM »
herpderp,

First of all if they are using PXXX then that is an Extension List and all phones in that group will ring at the same time.

If there are multiple PXXX numbers in a Hunt Group then all phones in the top PXXX entry will ring first until the No Answer Advance Timer is up and then it will ring all of the phones in the second PXXX entry and so on.

What you need to do is find the Hunt Group that calls are sent to for the number you are wanting to change things for.

That would depend on how the trunks get into your system and what type they are.

If you know the Hunt Group you want to change then you should see the members in one of two ways.

Each individual Extension will show up as a member in the order you want the extensions to ring in.
Each Extension List will show up as a member in the order you want the list to ring in.

Note: An Extension List can just have one extension in it.

Hope that helps,

TE

Thanks for the info! Hopefully the pics I included show up. The first pic shows the hunt group member group? that has the extensions in it I want to change the ring order of. The second pic shows the call routing table for the main day option. I see the number that people call is pointing to extension 1960 (one of the extensions that I want to change), can I just put the other extension here instead?

Would putting the phone it rings to first in DND mode make the second phone ring right away?

Looks like other people can't see my attachments so here are links to the images.

https://ibb.co/Zh20HCn
https://ibb.co/b1RYDJs
https://ibb.co/7kbTL3T
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 11:00:42 AM by herpderp »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 03:54:35 PM »
herpderp,

So, currently the number they are calling goes to x1960 according to your picture.

If you think it goes to a Hunt Group then x1960 would have to be System Forwarded to that Hunt Group.

I would look at x1960 and see what type of System Forwarding it has setup on it. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > 1960 > Forwarding Paths > Click on the First Forwarding path to see where it goes.

You can just change the extension for that DID to the extension you want it to go to, but it may not have the forwarding setup to go to x1960 if they don't answer.

Thanks,

TE

Offline herpderp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 05:04:02 PM »
herpderp,

So, currently the number they are calling goes to x1960 according to your picture.

If you think it goes to a Hunt Group then x1960 would have to be System Forwarded to that Hunt Group.

I would look at x1960 and see what type of System Forwarding it has setup on it. Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > 1960 > Forwarding Paths > Click on the First Forwarding path to see where it goes.

You can just change the extension for that DID to the extension you want it to go to, but it may not have the forwarding setup to go to x1960 if they don't answer.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks! Here's what the forwarding path looks like when I go to the first one under each extension: https://ibb.co/DG2WGXM

I'm guessing I can set the main number to ring the other extension and then change the two forwarding points to the extension that rang first previously?

Also, would DND make it ring the second phone first?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 08:01:15 AM »
herpderp,

If the forwarding path for 1960 goes to a path that ends up with the other extension you want then you founnd out how it works.

If you want to do the same thing, but opposite of what it is doing now then you just need to create a new Forwarding Path for the other extension to use that goes to 1960 and then point the DID to the other extension. I am not sure I would change the existing ones unless I knew no other phone was using those System Forwarding Paths.

I am not sure what you are asking when you want to put it in DND, but here is my response to that.

If you put 1960 in DND right now and the System Forwarding is turned on for Station - DND on that phone then yes it will go to the other phone right away. However, 1960 will never receive any calls at all after that, even ones you want them to.

You can press F1 on any page you have questions about, and it will send you to the Help for that page.

Thanks,

TE

Offline herpderp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 09:50:42 AM »
Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10