Author Topic: Mitel MiVoice Office 250 - Username update and Voicemail reset to new  (Read 518 times)

Offline dschumacher

• View Profile
Good morning!
New member here. I have a situation with a Mitel 5000 Communications platform (Mitel MiVoice Office 250) - Software Version 6.0 SP1 PR1 (Release 43)
I’ve managed Mitel systems for the last 15 years, mainly the Mitel MiVoice Business MCD 3300. I didn’t figure this system to be much different. I might have been mistaken!
Our organization is a non-profit, and therefore we have VERY limited resources and finances. The MiVoice Office 250 system is located at one of our affiliate offices. The people responsible for that system have left the organization, and we had no admin usernames or passwords. To make matters worse, they let the service/support lapse, and there are no budgetary monies left to renew it nor bring someone in to update and/or manage the system. I have been asked to see if I can update the User Names and reset the Voice Mailboxes.
I have managed to get into the AWP and can now navigate that just fine. This has allowed for the editing of the usernames, what I am having difficulty with is resetting the individual Mailboxes to “NEW”, as if they were logging in for the first time. There is no concern about saving any existing VM’s. We want to give everyone a fresh start with their VM boxes.
Is there a way to do this from the AWP? Or, is this something that I would need the “System Admin and Diagnostics and the DB Admin software”? If I need the software, is there somewhere that I can download it from? Without service/support, I have no vendor to ask for the software, and Mitel is not very helpful in acquiring it. I’ve seen a few posts on this site where people have been supplied a link via DM. I am hoping that someone will be generous enough to help me out.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

D Schumacher
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 12:01:22 PM by dschumacher »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel MiVoice Office 250 - Username update and Voicemail reset to new
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 04:37:48 PM »
dschumacher,

You can call Mitel and see if they will send it to you, but I doubt it.

You used to go to the Inter-Tel FTP Site to get those things, but it may be shut down by now or at the very least doesn't have the correct software you would need to install first.

The issue is that if you have Window 10 or 11 you have to install the software in a certain order or you will have issues with it.

You would need to install 6.3 SP4 and then 6.3 SP7 and then you can load any DB Plugins you want to access your system.

Send me a DM if you are still having trouble after calling Mitel.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10