Author Topic: Business Console not seeing audio device working in Windows  (Read 336 times)

Offline RickMarston

• View Profile
Business Console not seeing audio device working in Windows
« on: October 13, 2023, 09:06:56 AM »
I've set up a secondary switchboard (9.1.1.26) at a site today on a reasonably new laptop, everything seemed to be working fine until I connected the headset in use on the primary PC - a Jabra Evolve 20 MS. The laptop detects the headset with no issue, automatically makes it the default audio device for playback & recording etc. But when the console launches, there are no valid audio devices to make it work. Both of these have worked fine on the existing switchboard PC with the same software version number.

I grabbed the site's older headset (a Jabra Evolve 20 non-MS) and that does the same thing. I've asked around the rest of the team and nobody has ever had an issue with the console not detecting a valid audio device. There doesn't seem to be any relevant troubleshooting documentation, just "select the device". I've rebooted and reconnected several times, and nothing changes - headset generally fine, but the console not interested.

The only difference between this install and any other is that this is on a laptop and I did receive a warning during install that the CPU speed wasn't high enough, but surely that's not going to be the cause? I'm going to look about for any spare non-Jabra devices to see if that makes a difference, but given these work on another machine I'm sceptical.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10