Author Topic: Is there any way to Play a Recorded Greeting on a Page Group or External Paging  (Read 985 times)

Offline HungryHippo

• View Profile
I'm trying to see if I can setup like an emergency announcement either over the phone using the page group or and external paging device by simply dialing a number. Is that doable on a mitel 3300? Thanks!

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
The only way possible is to get an external device to play the recordings over the PA.  Something like a Viking DNA-510 is what you are looking for.  You put it in as a trunk or analog extension on the system, analog station would be easiest.  As an analog extension you just call the extension and enter the announcement number you want to trigger and it will play over the PA.

Offline HungryHippo

• View Profile
Awesome thanks, i'll look it up.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
An Algo 8301 can definitely do this over external paging equipment, and may be able to do it as a multicast page to 6900 series phones as well.

Offline HungryHippo

• View Profile
The only way possible is to get an external device to play the recordings over the PA.  Something like a Viking DNA-510 is what you are looking for.  You put it in as a trunk or analog extension on the system, analog station would be easiest.  As an analog extension you just call the extension and enter the announcement number you want to trigger and it will play over the PA.

Got couple of more question on how it works.

What kind of announcement is going to use, is it the Direct Page or the Loudspeaker Paging?
Once i set it up as an analog line, how do you do the paging? If I call the extension and it starts playing the recorded message and then dial the announcement number. Would it put the analog line on hold and i'll be at the part where I can do the loudspeaker paging?

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
It is loud speaker paging.  You dial the analog extension and will hear dial tone back or a couple beeps, I cant remember.  Then dial the code for the announcement you want to hear and hang up.  Your connection to the device is live because you called an exetnsion, but it uses audio out line level to interface with your PA amp.  I think it can hold 4 or 5 pre-recorded messages.  You record them in your voice by calling into the device and accessing the admin menu.  It also has different sirens and tones you can use.  The manual on the website has all the instructions on how to set it up and what it can do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10