Author Topic: Hello from Ohio  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Sharpy

• View Profile
Hello from Ohio
« on: September 15, 2023, 04:31:54 PM »
Hello,

Please forgive me for my ignorance with Mitel phone systems, and phone systems in general. I'm a lowly Network Administrator, tasked with maintaining a Mitel 250/5000 for the last two years. I've learned a lot, but I'm still a newb. I'm accustomed to maintaining Windows client/server environments and Linux servers. But I'm an old geek, so I've toyed with many different things.

I work for small manufacturing firm with a Mitel 5000/250 phone system (I know it's EOL). I primarily use the MiVoice Office 250 System Administration & Diagnostics application. The phone system was already here when I was hired and there is little to no internal documentation concerning it's configuration. The vendor who sold us the system doesn't want to support it any longer since Mitel doesn't want to support it any longer. They even go to the extent of claiming they no longer posses any documentation on the system they sold us, and of course Mitel seems to have wiped the internet of information on older systems. However, the company I work for is very frugal and if the phone system works just fine, why spend money to replace it...lots of stuff here is outdated, but it still works, so...

We also have a Windows 2008 R2 SAP server that runs Mitel Data Manager v6.0.2.8 and Mitel Intelligent Router 6.0.2.8.

We have finally progressed to the point that we are about ready to retire the old Windows 2008 R2, SAP server (I know, I know...). So, what I am trying to determine, is Data Manager v6.0.2.8 and Intelligent Router 6.0.2.8 from an older system before my company upgraded to the Mitel 5000/250? Cause they look light years apart.

We have a .csv file that determines call routing based upon the incoming caller's number. Could can that be used for call routing with the 5000/250, without Intelligent Router? I want to retire the old server but the call routing is still necessary.

Thanks for your understanding.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 08:14:02 AM »
Welcome Sharpy,

O-H

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Ohio
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »
Sharpy,

Wow, Data Manager and Intelligent Router, I haven't seen either of those in a long time.

Those are really old solutions from the Inter-Tel Axxess days prior to Mitel buying them out.

Data Manager and Intelligent Router later were combined into Contact Center Suite [Management], I honestly can't remember the name as it changed a lot. Later on I believe that Mitel changed the name a few times, but settled on MiContact Center Office, but I can't remember if Intelligent Router stayed in it completed form there.

So, if you still have those then most likely you have an old CS Model MiVO-250 [5000] and not the "new" HX Model.

If that is the case, you most likely have an old version of software too. The latest is 6.3 SP7 and I would guess you may be at 4.0 or below.

So, it depends, but I would say you would still need both of them going forward. The issue you will have would be making them work with a newer OS.

Personally, I would look at trying to update your current system or forklift it out to another product. Mitel doesn't really have a good affordable solution for SMB systems at the moment, but if you are savvy enough you might be able to install an open source PBX and save a ton of money on the headend and then pick the SIP phones you like. The other option is to move to a cloud solution, but it does require good Internet connections and a monthly subscription.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10