Author Topic: Porting numbers to new provider  (Read 674 times)

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Porting numbers to new provider
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:24:04 PM »
So we've ported 4 of our numbers over to a new phone vendor, so these numbers should technically now be an external number, but when i dial them externally i get an out of service message, dialing them from a cell phone goes to the new vendor's phones in the users office. is there some routing for those four numbers i have to change?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Porting numbers to new provider
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 04:04:22 PM »
The losing carrier may not have completely removed the numbers from their network, in which case you would need to report a trouble to them saying that the numbers can't be dialed so they can finish de-provisioning them.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 04:08:06 PM »
Alright that makes sense, this may be something our new vendor has to do since the numbers are technically in their ownership now

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 05:01:34 PM »
Alright that makes sense, this may be something our new vendor has to do since the numbers are technically in their ownership now

Is Spectrum the losing carrier? I constantly have issues with ports out from Spectrum where they don't completely remove the numbers from their internal network, so other Spectrum customers can't call a fresh port out.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10