Author Topic: Voicemail Key  (Read 1516 times)

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail Key
« on: August 31, 2023, 12:42:55 PM »
This is probably a fairly simple question but i have inherited our mitel system from the previous telecoms admin and im not entirely sure where everything is, is there an option to change the number that the voicemail key on 5320 and 5320e phones dials to? I would like it to dial an external voicemail service.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Key
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 01:20:33 PM »
I believe it dials the last extension to light the message waiting indicator.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 02:10:31 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean, when we press the message button on the keypad (the one with the small envelope icon) the phone automatically dials to the extension assigned to our micollab voicemail (currently 40000), i'd like for that key to dial an external number.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023, 03:15:14 PM »
Message waiting has caused me no end of grief over the years because it does dial the last number that lit the light.
The problem is a user may light the light.  Then  when the user presses the button it calls the user that light the light and if the user doesn't answer the light stays lit so the user thinks they have voicemail when they don't.

I suggest that you 1) have the user press the button and be sure whoever lit the light answers.  or 2) enable the COS that allows the user to delete the message waiting indicator.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 03:45:20 PM »
If the MWI is lit, it dials the number that left the message. If the MWI is not lit, it dials the "Voice Mail Number" programmed in the assigned Call Coverage Service for the phone.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 01:38:46 PM »
Well dialing the voicemail number is what would always happen, as the light will currently never light, our micollab voicemail crashed so no lights will ever light, we are using a temporary solution with another vendor that simply forwards the call on no answer to this other voicemail provider, without the phone being able to read from the micollab server the light never lights at all

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 08:43:11 PM »
try checking the call coverage pattern assigned to the extensions

each call coverage has a voicemail setting where you set the voicemail pilot number

not sure if thats supported for external numbers but you may be able to create a speedcall to the external and assign the speedcall to the call coverage

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 10:30:51 AM »
Will i have to do this for every extension? There's well over 300 phones in our system.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 10:48:46 AM »
Will i have to do this for every extension? There's well over 300 phones in our system.

You could do it via an export/import to save time.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 11:06:48 AM »
Where exactly is the call coverage settings? I'm not a mitel expert or telecoms admin, i just inherited the system from the previous employee

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2023, 12:52:23 PM »
Where exactly is the call coverage settings? I'm not a mitel expert or telecoms admin, i just inherited the system from the previous employee

Call Coverage Services (under Call Routing -> Call Handling) defines the settings for each Call Coverage Service number, then the individual device is assigned a Call Coverage Service number in User and Services Configuration and can also be viewed/edited in Station Attributes.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2023, 08:58:39 AM »
You can sort the forms alphabetically in the web interface. It is probably better to learn the tree view however, as they are grouped together with some semblance of logic. Allegedly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10