Author Topic: Upgrading EX Platform  (Read 730 times)

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Upgrading EX Platform
« on: August 23, 2023, 03:26:04 PM »
I have a site that has 2 EX controllers - primary and secondary for resiliency.
They're running 9.4.1.19 and we're looking at upgrading them to 10.0.1.18.

This is the only site that I have running EX controllers and am wondering how long the upgrades take.
The help shows the order to upgrade is:
1. Service Link
2. EX Platform
3. MiVoice Business

It doesn't indicate the MVF and when to do that. 

I would like to let the site know an estimated down-time per controller - even though their phones and SIP trunks are resilient and the end users shouldn't even notice until their phone reboots with the new firmware for the set.
With that they want me to also do the upgrades late at night.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Upgrading EX Platform
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 03:54:20 PM »
Upgrading an EX controller is no different than any other controller, it's fairly simple on the newer platforms since 9.0.

Make sure you have active SWA, go into the Server Manager and download the update, then initiate the upgrade. My experience is this takes about 90-120 minutes per controller.

You can do it the "old" way with the MiVoice Business Software Installer, but this way is so much easier and takes less intervention. If you have remote access to any PC on the network you can do the upgrade remotely. I have done dozens of them without incident, not that things can't go wrong, but I haven't seen an upgrade fail in a very long time.

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 02:09:48 PM »
Thanks.
I haven't seen one fail through the server-manager in a long time either, and this is what I'm planning to use.

I've found that most of our MXe-III's take about 40-60 minutes depending on the size of the database and if it is using the EVM.
CX-II's take 50-90 minutes
AX's take 120

I'll document the time it takes for these two EX controllers.

I've got a ticket opened with support too and asked them the order in which the MVF has to be applied.  They are telling me that MVF isn't mentioned in the documentation... but on both controllers it was installed from the initial installation.
Is MVF showing on your EX controllers too?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 02:26:12 PM »
"MVF"? Mitel Virtualization Framework? This is just built into the update, you shouldn't have to do anything special, it's just a single upgrade step...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10