Author Topic: Fast easy way to change the primary DN label on all phones?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fast easy way to change the primary DN label on all phones?
« on: August 09, 2023, 08:11:17 AM »
To those who may know,

I have been working with the 3300 for a bit recently and I have never been able to figure out how to change the first key on the phones without going into each phone individually.

The second key can be done quickly by just exporting and importing the Multiline Set Keys form, but it won't allow you to change the first key.

Since the 69xx phones came out with their My Phone as the first key label we have been directed to change it to be the extension instead; kind of how the 53xx phones did by default.

Does anyone know of a way to change the first key's label to be the extension without going into each extension individually?

Thanks,

TE

P.S. Sometimes I feel like a mental midget on crack who can't figure out which peg is round, and which is square; don't get me started on the star shaped one.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Fast easy way to change the primary DN label on all phones?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 09:13:32 AM »
I don't see a way to change it on all sets quicky. I can edit it by changing the label in the "Keys" tab of User and Services Configuration, but I don't see a way to do that in bulk on an existing set. If you set up a key template that will apply to any new set created using that template.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 11:59:02 AM »
lundah,

Thank you for the reply!

I called Mitel TS about this and the only way to change it is via the Users and Services Configuration form on the keys tab; one at a time.

They also told me to submit a DFR to allow it to be changed via a form if that is something we do a lot.

To submit a DFR, please follow KMS Article HT1486 - How to raise a Design Feature Requests DFR (formerly known as Design Change Requests DCR).

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 02:23:59 PM »
If you can change it Multiline Keys, couldn't you just export the form, edit it, then reimport it?

Someone who is really good with Excel could probably even make a script or macro to handle the changes for you... I am not that person. lol

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 04:59:23 PM »
If you can change it Multiline Keys, couldn't you just export the form, edit it, then reimport it?

Someone who is really good with Excel could probably even make a script or macro to handle the changes for you... I am not that person. lol

Key 1 doesn't appear in Multiline Set Keys. The only place that I can find where you can edit the label for key 1 is Users and Services Config.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »
I don't think there is anyway to do what you want, would be good though IMHO, also the ability to change 2 multicall to prime number as name would I think be a better way to go.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10