Author Topic: How to find IP Address for my SX200  (Read 1410 times)

Offline hoteluser67801

• View Profile
How to find IP Address for my SX200
« on: August 05, 2023, 12:23:39 PM »
We recently switched front desk systems and they need to integrate into our Mitel sx200. I am unfortunately 1000 miles away from the property and its a small town where I can't find tech knowledge to help me out. I just need to find the IP Address to our system and the main phone is a Super Console 1000.  Net view doesn't show any servers i'm guessing due to the firewall setup and I don't have access to any of the routers/switches and that is a little beyond my knowledge. The Mitel is just mounted on the rack with no screen/keyboard hooked up.  What is the easiest way for me to find the ip address so they can remote in and integrate it with our new system.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: How to find IP Address for my SX200
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 08:47:32 PM »
We recently switched front desk systems and they need to integrate into our Mitel sx200. I am unfortunately 1000 miles away from the property and its a small town where I can't find tech knowledge to help me out. I just need to find the IP Address to our system and the main phone is a Super Console 1000.  Net view doesn't show any servers i'm guessing due to the firewall setup and I don't have access to any of the routers/switches and that is a little beyond my knowledge. The Mitel is just mounted on the rack with no screen/keyboard hooked up.  What is the easiest way for me to find the ip address so they can remote in and integrate it with our new system.
In my experience, most of these hospitality systems are completely stand-alone and have no integration into the network anywhere and the IP settings are default, meaning you have to connect to the controller itself or the switch that is dedicated to the controller and use the secure-telnet client that comes on the CD to connect to 192.168.1.2 (the default IP). Heck, 50% of these I come across still have the default username/password for installer, if not then for maint1. Otherwise I know how to get it from a phone like a 53xx series, but I would have to play with the console to figure it out and frankly I don't have many of these anymore and we don't maintain a shop/demo system anymore either.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 08:50:16 PM by acejavelin »

Offline hoteluser67801

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 11:14:40 AM »
Thank you for your help sounds like I need to find someone that can help me locally. I was hoping there would be a way to get it off the phone or find it on the network.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 05:07:32 PM »
Super Console 1000 is a digital set, It is possible to login using it. I think the only time the default gets changed in the hotel environment is if there is internal routing and the default conflicts with the data network. Anyway, think this would show in form 47

Offline hoteluser67801

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 01:18:37 PM »
JohnP anymore information on how I can login through the superconsole 1000?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 03:39:35 PM »
It would be under the function key, might be function system? But looking at the display options should make sense. It may be required in cos, been a while since I've had to do this

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10