Author Topic: Out of hours Voicemail  (Read 972 times)

Offline Edward

• View Profile
Out of hours Voicemail
« on: July 17, 2023, 04:00:08 AM »
I am very stuck here;

I have just been ushered into an IT role at a company that had a previously awfully managed department, there was next to 0 handover and I've never touched the system in my life. We are running Mitel MiVoice Business 9.0 SP3 (not the console, the web version) which has long been out of support as we have ditched our trunk providers multiple times, its a legacy part of our infra that has limped along for many years.

I cannot for the life of me (and all the Google Fu I could muster) figure out how to achieve the below.

The long and short is we have an audio recording that we want to play between 17:30 - 07:00 every day and all day weekends as an out of hours message. Ideally this would be directly linked to a voicemail so that the caller can leave a message if desired. We have a few different lines coming into the system, with different UK area codes. If possible we want it to play this message for all of the lines.

If anyone could be so kind as to help or point me in the right direction that would be hugely appreciated.

Offline Edward

• View Profile
Re: Out of hours Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2023, 03:32:27 AM »
I think we're just going to have to move away from Mitel, I cant see any benefit to it whatsoever.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2023, 09:53:41 AM »
It would help to know how your main number is handled. This can be done in a few different ways and may depend upon available mailbox licenses since I am assuming you are using the embedded.

On thing to note on embedded default operation to the vm hunt group is it will always try to transfer to the dial 0 option on timeout.

If you do not require the dial by name option, this could be setup using a MLAA, it might aslo be an option just for this time period.

Offline Edward

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 04:13:57 AM »
I'm not 100% sure what your first question means but I do know that our main number is effectively a speedcall that gets passed to a ring group, this functions for us in exactly the same way a DDI does, the 6 digit number is entered as a speedcall to a 3 digit extension, be that a ring group, user ext, etc.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 04:03:08 PM »
The eaisiest way would be to reroute the ring group number to the voicemail hunt group. If it matches nothing the default day/night greeting would play. Depending upon needs, you could also make the dial 0 mailbox as voicemail only

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10