Author Topic: SMBC Server Manager  (Read 1172 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
SMBC Server Manager
« on: July 11, 2023, 02:14:23 PM »
I am setting up our first SMBC and following the instructions per the manual.  When I get to the point to login to server manager I get a Forbidden message that states that I do not have permission to access server-manager on this server.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: SMBC Server Manager
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 02:27:35 PM »
Are you connecting from the same subnet? By default that's the only subnet allowed to connect to server-manager, you need to connect from there and enter the other networks you want allowed.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 02:56:05 PM »
Yes, my laptop has the same IP address that is in the range of the controller, and my subnet and DFGW are the same.

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 01:26:32 PM »
Did you get this resolved? I am setting up my first SMB as well and after getting through the MSL steps I no longer have access to server-manager. Here are the steps I've tried.
Reboot.
Stopped MSL container and then changed back to running.
Direct connect from laptop to eth0 with the controller IP for example being 192.168.1.1 and my laptop 192.168.1.5.
Changed the eth0 in the SMB to 192.168.1.2 in thoery leaving the server-manager IP at 192.168.1.1.

I'm at a loss now and we are thinking about a factory reset. I come from the 3300 world and I so I am used to the controller IP and the server-manager IP being the same...is that not the case with the SMB?

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 02:09:26 PM »
Well we ended up solving our issue. Turns out that the SMBC should have a different IP from the MSL and MiVB blade.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10