Author Topic: have a customer that doesn't want to Dial 9 or any dial code  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Teck900

• Contributer
    • View Profile
could this be done through ARS where when it sees 10 or more digits it adds the 9  and anything dialed under 10 digits it just routes as dialed ?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: have a customer that doesn't want to Dial 9 or any dial code
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 04:13:08 PM »
Sure.  As long as nothing conflicts the 1 (required) you can set up the ARS to dial 1<areacode><number>.
Just don't absorb the 1 like you do the 9.

Ralph

Offline Teck900

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 08:23:06 AM »
what could conflict when only looking for the number of digits?  I want to add 9 for trunk group access only if it sees 10 or more digits dialed.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 09:33:29 AM »
what could conflict when only looking for the number of digits?  I want to add 9 for trunk group access only if it sees 10 or more digits dialed.

The MiVB doesn't work that way, it searches for a match on each digit in the order it was dialed. If there's a conflict, it waits for the inter digit timer to expire before processing the dialed string. ARS on that system was designed around having to dial a leading digit for external calls.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 09:38:22 AM »

The MiVB doesn't work that way, it searches for a match on each digit in the order it was dialed. If there's a conflict, it waits for the inter digit timer to expire before processing the dialed string. ARS on that system was designed around having to dial a leading digit for external calls.
I would agree with this... to the point that if the customer absolutely refuses to have a leading digit for outbound calls, the MiVB system may not be the correct fit for them and something else would be a better option. The system's dialing plan was designed around using a leading digit for external calls, trying to circumvent that would be nearly impossible.

Offline Teck900

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023, 04:33:27 PM »
Got it working,Got a tech support guy that actually knew what to do.   

We made key system keys and directed the trunks to those, and built DTS profiles for trunks. 

This application has pots lines but i see no reason the same setup wouldn't work with sip trunks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 02:07:45 PM »
Got it working,Got a tech support guy that actually knew what to do.   

We made key system keys and directed the trunks to those, and built DTS profiles for trunks. 

This application has pots lines but i see no reason the same setup wouldn't work with sip trunks.
Nice, guess I didn't even think of that... And in some situations it is probably OK, but I believe there is a hard limit to the number of simultaneous appearances you can have of a key system line appearance in the system. 

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 05:38:14 PM »
It's been a while since I've used DTS keys.
If I remember correctly you're not able to xfer those lines anywhere so the application is limited.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 05:46:25 PM »
Hate DTS since there is no ability to reroute to VM. not saying it doesn't work. It is the same as dialing an access code since you need to press a key first. Not thinking this makes things easier or that they may need a club to the head :-)

Offline Teck900

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2023, 02:01:15 PM »
Hate DTS since there is no ability to reroute to VM. not saying it doesn't work. It is the same as dialing an access code since you need to press a key first. Not thinking this makes things easier or that they may need a club to the head :-)

yes this is now presenting a problem as we need unanswered calls to go to auto attendant...

it seems that now a days every phone system including all hosted allow you to make an external call without having to dial an access code so mitel really needs to get up with the times on some of this stuff.  especially if this is going to be the replacement for the 250 

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2023, 04:01:47 PM »
If they think the DTS key is the solution, why not just replace that with an "Ext Call" key that is a user speedcall that just dials 9. Then they can type the 10 digit number. Same amount of keypresses really.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2023, 05:01:12 PM »
If they think the DTS key is the solution, why not just replace that with an "Ext Call" key that is a user speedcall that just dials 9. Then they can type the 10 digit number. Same amount of keypresses really.

That was my thought

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2023, 01:51:55 PM »

This would be the best solution to this question.

In 1999 or so, we installed an SX2000 into a retirement community in Charleston, SC and they insisted on having 9-less dialing for their residents.
The problem that we encountered is that their DID ranges were all over the place and the local area was growing so rapidly that they were adding new local exchanges all the time.  Each time they added something new, it would cause conflicts in the system.
The ARS digits dialed printed out was about 50 pages. 
I swore that I'd never take part of a 9-less dial plan again.

Best of luck!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2023, 05:20:05 PM »
IMHO, trying to do this is a waste of time, unless they make an excessive amount of outbound calls.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2023, 12:07:08 PM »
Not being in North America I must say I don't understand the problem.

It's very common here in France to only dial the digits needed without a prefix to indicate an external call. Having a prefix (usually 0, sometimes 9) is also fairly common. But without a prefix, you dial the 10 digits of a French number and the call goes out without issue.

Is it about "local numbers" and long distance numbers ?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10