Author Topic: Mitel 3300 - Understanding Call Flow  (Read 881 times)

Offline JimFromIT

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 - Understanding Call Flow
« on: June 22, 2023, 08:39:26 PM »
Hello Mitel Forums!

I am currently taking over a Mitel 3300 from a previous provider and looking into the configuration so I can better understand, unforunately our hand-over documents from the previous team are lackluster.

Is there an easy to trace the call flow, and see what is happening with Digit modification?

Thanks Team. :)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 - Understanding Call Flow
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 10:05:11 AM »
I call it "following the trail of breadcrumbs". For ARS, start with ARS Digits Dialed, since that maps what the user dials to a route or route list, which in turn references a trunk group, COR Group, and Digit Modification number. Trunk groups in turn refer to trunks, and so on.

Offline JimFromIT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 08:28:04 PM »
I call it "following the trail of breadcrumbs". For ARS, start with ARS Digits Dialed, since that maps what the user dials to a route or route list, which in turn references a trunk group, COR Group, and Digit Modification number. Trunk groups in turn refer to trunks, and so on.

Big Thanks Lundah for the info.

So From my understanding. Heres the lay out I've got

Incoming Call > ARS Digits Modified > Goes to Route Plan, List, Direct Route (Defines Trunk) > Digit Modifaction Plans > Then to a users phone?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 09:34:39 AM »

Big Thanks Lundah for the info.

So From my understanding. Heres the lay out I've got

Incoming Call > ARS Digits Modified > Goes to Route Plan, List, Direct Route (Defines Trunk) > Digit Modifaction Plans > Then to a users phone?

No, ARS is used for *outgoing* calls. Incoming calls will depend on the trunk type, but Trunk Attributes will come in to play for masking/substituting digits on DID trunks, then they are passed on to the system based on the digits post-Trunk Attribute processing. So, if for example the call comes in with 10 digits from the carrier, and Trunk Attributes strips the first 6 digits, then the call is processed based on the remaining 4 digits.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10