Author Topic: Switching VM Licenses to a different extension  (Read 693 times)

Offline jhamaker

• View Profile
Switching VM Licenses to a different extension
« on: June 22, 2023, 01:37:29 PM »
Hello
I am a local administrator for my company's MiVoice Business system (ver 9.1).

I am interested in changing several extension numbers to realign with our departments.

Extension 126 on our system is the conference room speaker phone which does not have a voicemail license. I would like to change the extension number to one of our currently unused extensions, or to a completely new extension number. Then I would like to make extension 126 a regular workstation phone with a voicemail license.

Our currently unused extensions which have a VM license are 114, 118, and 131. Extension 131 would be the one I would like to swap with 126.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Switching VM Licenses to a different extension
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 04:00:25 PM »
What voice mail are you using? Embedded (programmed within the MiVB system administration tool), MiCollab/NuPoint, or something else?

Offline jhamaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 04:44:08 PM »
That's a good question, and one I can't answer. It's possible I don't have access to that level of the system. I have looked through the entire dashboard and I haven't been able to find an option related to applying licenses to extensions.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 10:02:16 AM »
The mailbox licensing will depend on what voice mail is being used. For the embedded and MiCollab/NuPoint voice mail, it's just licensed per mailbox. So if you have 120 mailbox licenses, you can program 120 mailboxes; no "transfer" of license is required as long as you are at or below your licensed mailbox limit.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10