Author Topic: prolong ringing before 1st alternative  (Read 689 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
prolong ringing before 1st alternative
« on: June 20, 2023, 07:59:39 AM »
Hey guys,

Is it possible to prolong the ringing before falling to the 1st alternative (which is the embeded mailbox extension in our case).

I've looked at these options but with no luck:

System Options - Call rerouting timer

Class of Service Options - Call Forward No Answer Timer

Here's the setup:

We have a DID configured to route to an ACD path during the day, that's fine.  At night, the DID routing is configured to route to an extension where our users can manually configure a call forward via the web interface so calls can be sent to a cell number of their choosing.  The DID has a routing 1st alternative that goes to voicemail extension.  If the user doesn't answer his cell phone, the voicemail of the DID will pickup.  We just wish the ringing on the cell was longer.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: prolong ringing before 1st alternative
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 08:38:34 AM »
Keep in mind when doing this it's possible the cell voicemail picks up too which can lead to confusion. Did you adjust the CFNA timer on the COS of the ACD Path or the extension in question? The CFNA timer in the COS is what affects your first alternative. The Call Reroute timer in System Options is your second alternative.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 09:20:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply,

to keep things simple while testing,  I've created an extension associated with a DID that has the same routing for day and night and its 1st alternative is voicemail.

The extension is configured with call forward to redirect to my cellphone via the web interface.

I've assigned a dedicated COS on the extension and the following parameters were configured:

System Options - Call rerouting timer:  60

Class of Service Options - Call Forward No Answer Timer:  50

yet,  the call gets redirected to 1st alternative during its 3rd ring which is not even close to 50 seconds.. 

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 02:00:06 PM »
we ended up removing the 1st alternative to voicemail

this way, the call will ring on the cellphone until the cell's voicemail picks up and the caller can then leave a message

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10