Author Topic: 3300 CX - Twinning - External Calls  (Read 600 times)

Offline Imbru

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 CX - Twinning - External Calls
« on: June 20, 2023, 02:09:49 AM »
We have TWINNING set up with no problem.  Presence button to turn twinning off and on, cell number as EHDU, using a SIP trunk so it actually works.

When calling internal (extension to extension) - everything works as advertised - BOTH cell and desk extension works fine.

HOWEVER - when transferring an external call to an extension (or getting to an extension via the auto attendant during lunch/after hours) the cell phone does not ring (just the internal extension).

External calls are on copper LS trunks - the twinned call to cell goes out on SIP.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 02:25:09 AM by Imbru »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 CX - Twinning - External Calls
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 06:30:58 AM »
I suspect that the carrier is blocking the calls because when the call is sent out to the twinned device it's using the caller ID of the original caller. You can verify it by doing a SIP capture and looking for the REJECT packet.

It would probably work just fine if you sent it out your copper trunks.

Ralph

Offline Imbru

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 CX - Twinning - External Calls
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 11:27:00 AM »
Thanks I'll look at that.

Can't twin via copper LS - rings once at the desk phone and then "transfers" to the copper trunk (twinned cell).

I've long since forgotten why (buried somewhere in this forum) but has something to do with how LS trunks handle the handoff.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10