Author Topic: Help With Mitel 6390 Phone  (Read 586 times)

Offline jhllhd

• View Profile
Help With Mitel 6390 Phone
« on: June 09, 2023, 12:49:16 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm not sure if I posted this in the correct location but I am having issues with my Mitel office phones. I had two users swap desks, so I swapped phones and everything is working save for a few issues.

One phone seems to not be sending signal through to the PC with the ethernet out on the back of it. While it was working totally fine before and connecting no problem. Otherwise it works as a phone.

The second phone seems to have incorrect caller id information or it will call the wrong number. She will dial a number from voicemail and it will show the proper number on her phone but it will dial an entirely different number. It has happened three times now. But does not happen all the time.

Any ideas or places to start? I am new to these devices.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help With Mitel 6390 Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 02:42:05 PM »
With the switchport you'll have to do some more troubleshooting. They can go bad - it's rare, but it happens. However before hitting that conclusion, does the data connection work when plugged in directly to the PC? If you move the phone to another jack does the switchport work there? If the phone works at other locations you have some networking (or the cable out of the passthrough port) to troubleshoot.

When you say "dial a number from voicemail" how is that happening?

The version of your software and platform you're on would be helpful to know too.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10