Author Topic: define tenant for micollab vm box  (Read 986 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
define tenant for micollab vm box
« on: June 01, 2023, 09:54:32 AM »
Hi folks,
I'm at a loss here... I have several tenants, specifically for the purpose of having separate night mode times per building. Each tenant controls their own.
Really, all the night mode affects is where the main numbers are routed to. I can see all the "numbers" (phones, and micollab boxes/call flows), and route them based on night mode.

What I can't figure out is how to place a given micollab box or call flow into a specific tenant! (Clearly these are set somewhere, but there's one that is in the wrong tenant.)

The only way I've known to define tenancy is in the user and device configuration form in MCD, but since a micollab box isn't a device, it's not there.

Ideas?
Thanks!
-dg

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: define tenant for micollab vm box
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 10:27:15 AM »
GCOS and/or Affinity Groups might do what you need. Assuming you have access to the documentation, look those 2 things up and read up on them, I think that may be what you're looking for.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 10:54:22 AM »
Perhaps I didn't explain the question properly.
We have several MiCollab mailboxes that route differently in the MCD based on night modes for a given tenant. (e.g. routes to a ring group during the day but to the VM at night.) These respond fine to their respective tenants' night mode setting. They show up in the Call Routing form and I can route them fine based on night mode. Problem is, I don't know how the mailboxes are assigned to the tenant (we have four primary tenants that are unconstrained - it's a car dealership group with several franchises in separate buildings.) We have no GCOS settings.

Thank you!
-dg

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 11:31:44 AM »
MiCollab mailboxes don't really have any link to the tenant programming on the MiVB. If you need to group mailboxes by tenant/location/etc., GCOS is the way to do that.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 11:34:35 AM »
He gave you the correct info, maybe it would be better to state your problem. There is not anything in Nupoint regarding tenants, just the ability to allow mailbox message transfers and dial by name limitation.

Dialing an extension via a callflow can be done but requires an effort.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 01:09:31 PM »
Thank you folks!
I'll review that info the best I can and go from there.

-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10