Author Topic: MiCollab Change of Extension Number  (Read 986 times)

Offline DaveA

• View Profile
MiCollab Change of Extension Number
« on: May 26, 2023, 05:24:52 AM »
Morning all, I am after some advice. I set up my MiCollab users via AD- so in a users AD profile I add the user to the AD group and assign their extension number and this which installs the MiCollab client and programs the extension on the MiVB and syncs to MiCC, and so on. All good.
But, I need to change the extension numbers of some of the users so I was wondering whats the best way of doing that?
1-   Simply change the telephone number in AD and let it sync through, although I can envision sync issues with that?
2-   Completely remove the AD attributes and AD group, let it sync, then re-add as if they were a new user, so a fresh install.
3-   Is there another way?

Thanks for your help.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab Change of Extension Number
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 10:10:38 AM »
Mitel's recommendation is that you need to completely delete the user and resync from AD with the new information, which is a pain.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 05:37:21 PM »
I think as long as username and extionsion number is aligned, possibly email addy. Then should associate with existibg.

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2023, 07:44:59 AM »
If you are syncing the extension number via AD and not allowing it to be edited then you go into the detained queue in bulk users import and look for the user.  They should have "U" next to their name meaning they have an AD update.  Changes do not automatically apply via AD after the user is built.  It only does the password sync.  If you select the user then save I think it will update.  I usually just nuke the user and start over.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10