Author Topic: Forward call with original caller ID  (Read 955 times)

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
Forward call with original caller ID
« on: May 24, 2023, 09:57:53 AM »
At the moment when calls are forwarded from a phone or phantom to a mobile phone number, the caller ID that shows up on the mobile is the calling party number of the forwarding extension. Is there a way to make this forward the original caller ID to the mobile?

What I need is for an external number on our system to forward to a mobile phone, so to do that I've set up a phantom, forwarded that to the mobile number, and set the phantom to the ring-in destination in the call routing table. I believe this to be the best way but if there is a better way I'm interested in knowing that too.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Forward call with original caller ID
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 11:32:28 AM »
Only at the trunk level... Go to the trunk group programming at look for "Propagate Original Caller ID" and set that to Yes... Note that some carriers, especially with the proliferation of Stir/Shaken, will not allow you to send a Caller ID for a phone number you don't own. So it might not work, make sure you test it... Some carriers will override the presented Caller ID with the main billing TN, others will block the call entirely.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forward call with original caller ID
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 02:23:48 PM »
josh_marchant,

Just to add a little more clarification to acejavelin's response.

There is also a flag under each extension called Propagate Original Caller-ID that would need to be turned on as well.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10