Author Topic: question on mitel 5000 - business owner did a stupid  (Read 774 times)

Offline MrHardwick

• View Profile
question on mitel 5000 - business owner did a stupid
« on: May 23, 2023, 02:34:06 PM »
OK, so basic research tells me this is end-of-life and not a long term solution but the owner of an affiliated business did a stupid and I've been asked to help recover.  Totally working remote from 10 hours away.

The business has a Mitel 5000 with a dual T1/E1/PRI installed and configured with a PRI.  Owner ported 3 phone numbers over to a Spectrum phone modem.  One of them was a fax line, so that's solved.  As a workaround I have fowarded with Spectrum the 2 numbers he ported to numbers still landing on the PRI.  Does this Mitel 5000 even have the capacity for taking the 2 landlines as inputs so when the PRI becomes fully disconnected they are not completely dead?

Working on getting them connected with someone local to help move on to a hosted solution more long term, just trying to minimize the damage.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: question on mitel 5000 - business owner did a stupid
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 03:01:41 PM »
MrHardwick,

The MiVO-250 HX Controller has 4 built-in Loop Start Ports and the CS Controller has 2 built-in Loop Start Port, but they may or may not be available to use depending on how the system is configured.

If they are available, you would need someone on site to connect, program and balance the trunks.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10