Author Topic: New Location Help - Mitel 3300  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Spztc1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New Location Help - Mitel 3300
« on: May 02, 2023, 04:38:42 PM »
I need to setup a new remote location on my Mitel 3300 server. This is a temp solution I am working on.
They will be Hotdesk users.
We are using a Site to Site VPN tunnel to connect the new location to the primary location that has the onsite 3300 server.
I have done this before but run into an issue with Time zones and Music on Hold.  I have been able to fix that issue by adjusting the Base DN number.

The problem I am having is how do I separate the Base DN numbers, like #1500 - #1600 go to primary location A and #2000 to #3000 go to new location B. Right now when when register a phone it just grabs the next available DN number.

I have created a Network Zone, Tenant and Class of Service for the new location but unless I can separate the Base numbers I think I am still going to have an issue.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Location Help - Mitel 3300
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »
Is there not a spot to say range of base extensions per system? The only time I might worry about this would be the backup system if hosted on a primary site. Think system option form might be a start.

Offline Spztc1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 11:16:38 AM »
@johnp Thank you that did point me in a good direction.  I see on the system option form that the Auto DN is setup with a start and end number.
When we register a phone at the primary location A it will grab one of those DN numbers and that works great.

However location B is in a different tine zone, when we register a phone at that location it will grab the Auto DN from Loation A and the Time will be off on the console.  The only way I have found to fix this is to manually go into the DN number and update the Network zone. 

I would like to register a phone in location B and have it grab an Auto DN that is already setup with the correct Network zone.

I still have a lot to learn on the Mitel system.  This might not even be an option but I thought you could have mulitple location on one controller.

Thank you again!  System Option form was helpful.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 12:22:04 PM »
@johnp Thank you that did point me in a good direction.  I see on the system option form that the Auto DN is setup with a start and end number.
When we register a phone at the primary location A it will grab one of those DN numbers and that works great.

However location B is in a different tine zone, when we register a phone at that location it will grab the Auto DN from Loation A and the Time will be off on the console.  The only way I have found to fix this is to manually go into the DN number and update the Network zone. 

I would like to register a phone in location B and have it grab an Auto DN that is already setup with the correct Network zone.

I still have a lot to learn on the Mitel system.  This might not even be an option but I thought you could have mulitple location on one controller.

Thank you again!  System Option form was helpful.

You can use the Location Specification form to automatically assign a zone based on the IP of the phone.

Offline Spztc1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 08:03:17 AM »
@lundah

That did the trick!  Thank you so much. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10