Author Topic: pros and cons of MiVB ISS deployment  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
pros and cons of MiVB ISS deployment
« on: April 26, 2023, 11:09:00 AM »
Our local county government is currently using a MiVB 8.0 PR3 with 250 users on a MXE  III and a Nupoint blade on a Dell and our office maintains it.

We are looking at separating our department (Sheriff's Department) from the current config and going with a new MiVB virtual using Hyper V on a ISS.

Initial deployment would be about 120 multi-user. 100 VM boxes (with vm to email capability) with anticipated growth to 200+ stations.

We would be wanting to cluster with the existing system.

I retired from our local ILEC 3 years ago and was the main MiVB tech for ten+ years but all the systems I deployed and maintained were MXE based...I have no experience with virtual deployment at all (except for NuPoint).

Thanks, Jim

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: pros and cons of MiVB ISS deployment
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 11:28:30 AM »
it's pretty staightforward...

grab the ova for the version of mivb you want and install that. (or use the msl iso image and go that route, either way works).

go get all the licenses you need

and cluster the vm mivb with the mxe..

honestly, you'll need to see if that can work, there's quite a version different here.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 11:35:20 AM »
Thanks...I guess one thing I am wondering is operational differences between virtual and MXE...what can the MXE platform do that the ISS version can't.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 12:15:57 PM »
Thanks...I guess one thing I am wondering is operational differences between virtual and MXE...what can the MXE platform do that the ISS version can't.
live in a closet?
seriously, the virtual mivb does everything (and more, i don't think mxe is offered anymore).
All of mitel's solutions work fully in virtual and cloud deployments now.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 01:57:36 PM »
Our local county government is currently using a MiVB 8.0 PR3 with 250 users on a MXE  III and a Nupoint blade on a Dell and our office maintains it.

We are looking at separating our department (Sheriff's Department) from the current config and going with a new MiVB virtual using Hyper V on a ISS.

Initial deployment would be about 120 multi-user. 100 VM boxes (with vm to email capability) with anticipated growth to 200+ stations.

We would be wanting to cluster with the existing system.

I retired from our local ILEC 3 years ago and was the main MiVB tech for ten+ years but all the systems I deployed and maintained were MXE based...I have no experience with virtual deployment at all (except for NuPoint).

Thanks, Jim

It's pretty smooth - I would just advise having a plan for analog devices if they are dead set on keeping a fax or two.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10