Author Topic: Pass on CallerID to forwarded outside destination  (Read 1000 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
Pass on CallerID to forwarded outside destination
« on: April 24, 2023, 10:13:10 AM »
Hi folks.
I searched the forums and haven't found a similar thread to what I'm looking for.

We are using 3300's and a MAS/NuPoint server, on-site. No SIP, just a couple PRI's.

What I'm looking to do is forward an inbound caller's callerid to an outside vendor. The way we're doing the forward is
a > customer calls us at a specific DID > this ring a ring group with an overflow to extension [say] 751*
751* is a system speed call to the outside vendor, e.g. 751* > #9713214567

The vendor does get the calls, but shows the main number of our store (as if we placed it within.) We'd like to pass the original caller's CallerID to the vendor. We can see the caller's ID on our phones, but it just doesn't get passed on to the forwarded destination.

One caveat is that we only want this for a few specific forwards, but not the whole trunk.

Thanks in advance!
-dg

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Pass on CallerID to forwarded outside destination
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 09:17:40 PM »
One caveat is that we only want this for a few specific forwards, but not the whole trunk.
It doesn't work that way, it's done at the trunk level, not as specific as you wish...

That said, it is also an unknown if your carrier will allow this... any carrier that enforces STIR/SHAKEN cannot send a caller ID for a call that does not belong to that trunk group or customer, so passing through caller ID on a call to an external source may not be allowed on with PRI trunks. With SIP that may be an option as you can assert your identity with the call, but not on a PRI, but that doesn't get around the fact that you can't apply to specific call(s), it's applied to the trunk.

Offline dg

• View Profile
Re: Pass on CallerID to forwarded outside destination
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »
Thank you -
I kinda figured it would be unlikely, particularly due to STIR/SHAKEN. If it weren't enforced... Then anyone could purport to be anyone.
-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10