Author Topic: Mitel 6930 Blue/Blank Screen  (Read 1879 times)

Offline redphoneguy

• View Profile
Mitel 6930 Blue/Blank Screen
« on: April 20, 2023, 04:04:07 PM »
Hello,

I am new to the Mitel system. I have purchased some refurbished 6930 phones. We have an on premise Mitel Connect Director server. I have just learned that there are two different versions of the firmware. SIP and Minet? I believed this phone had Minet firmware. I pointed it to my on premise Mitel Connect Director server which I believe should be sending out SIP firmware using the TFTP. I did a few phones a few months ago and they worked fine. I am not sure if something has gone wrong or if the phone is bricked etc. I don't know a ton about this and would love a guide if it has been posted somewhere. Also if my phone is bricked I was wondering if there was a way to unbrick it? I have attached a picture of what my phone screen looks like. I hope this post makes sense if not please ask me questions and I can provide any information that is required. Thank you for your time.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 6930 Blue/Blank Screen
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 06:42:57 PM »
Third party services might break normal behavior, not sure what the boot says and if hosting tftp local, you should see the connect and file transfer.. I use tftpd32/64 for this. Might need to run as administrator and have firewall off.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:44:32 PM by johnp »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 09:30:14 AM »
If you never get the boot progress bar, the phone may be bricked. MiNET is the protocol the MiVB uses, all the other Mitel platforms use SIP. If you can at least see a boot progress bar, you can get into the settings and point the phone to a TFTP server to download firmware. Worst case, let it boot for a bit and keep trying the settings key to see if you can get in. The Advanced settings/administrator passcode should default to 73738.

Offline redphoneguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 09:55:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I am sadly leaning towards bricked. It has just been a blank blue screen with no progress bar or anything. Thank you for the replies.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2023, 10:26:40 AM »
In case you still see the logo appear at boot (if on SIP FW), you could take a chance and try forcing it to web recovery. But from the looks of it, it is bricked.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2023, 10:59:35 AM »
In case you still see the logo appear at boot (if on SIP FW), you could take a chance and try forcing it to web recovery. But from the looks of it, it is bricked.

The Mitel logo only shows on boot in SIP mode, in MiNET mode the whole screen is blue with no logo. That's a handy clue for figuring out what mode f/w the phone has on it.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 11:13:19 AM »
The Mitel logo only shows on boot in SIP mode, in MiNET mode the whole screen is blue with no logo. That's a handy clue for figuring out what mode f/w the phone has on it.

Good info... now I know. Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10