Author Topic: eFax service  (Read 1732 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
eFax service
« on: April 17, 2023, 02:31:20 PM »
What's everyone using for eFax/hosted faxing these days? I've currently got about 100 fax lines at about a dozen locations running on a combination of Centrex lines, an EOL FaxFinder, and even a handful running on ATA's. Looking to get rid of the FaxFinder and the Centrex lines. Most of the machines are Sharp MX series MFD's, but I know I have a few ancient fax-only machines out that that will need to connect to an ATA or similar gateway device.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: eFax service
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 02:39:53 PM »
We're using https://www.opentext.com.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 03:12:45 PM »
Already have their voice mail platform, i'll have to look into it. The pricing I have so far is telling me I may be better off hosting our own fax server on VM rather than using a cloud based service, with the number of lines and volume I'm working with, the hosted options are pricey.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 05:04:37 PM »
We use FaxBack... http://www.faxback.com for our hosted customers... have about 150-200 numbers on our instance, works very well.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 06:47:35 PM »
We if possible make the carrier in control as to what device or service is needed. Easier to pay the buck when it doesn't work :-)

Offline crazyscout

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 05:45:12 PM »
Another vote for opentext. We are running XMedius 9.0 (a bit older at this point and non cloud), it works great and we have been getting rid of our Centrex lines and lines off of our Audiocodes ATAs in favor of transitioning them to Xmedius.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 09:13:26 AM »
I've been working with eGoldFax, which was recommended by both my Mitel partner and our managed print vendor. Their pricing was better.

We use Sharp MFP's and they have a web app that replaces the existing Fax application on the machines, so it makes it a simple switch for walk-up send jobs. I'm still in the pilot stage of that rollout, but going well so far.

Offline crazyscout

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:22 AM »
Great to hear, I ended up getting our Canon MFPs configured for FAX server which is a direct replacement for regular FAXing. So now the MFPs send an email that gets routed to our XMedius servers whenever an end user is sending a FAX. Process is seamless in terms of user experience except now they don't hear the dialtone and FAX tones as the FAX is establishing anymore which throws people off.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10