Author Topic: Ring groups that dial external numbers  (Read 1216 times)

Offline paintedboat

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Ring groups that dial external numbers
« on: April 12, 2023, 12:32:52 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I am looking to configure objects in our MiCollab/MiBussiness Voice environment that will have external numbers attached to them. For example, a call comes in at 2am and the call flow directs it to ring group that will dial the technicians cell phone directly

Is this even possible to do? The only way I can see this working is configuring specific keys for each user.

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 12:35:07 PM by paintedboat »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring groups that dial external numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 01:58:13 PM »
I'm not sure I'd use cell phones in a ring group - it's going to cause some serious delay in everyone getting rung and trying to answer and someone will get the call, but the rest may report dead air when answering.

That said, if you were a sadist, you could probably use External Hotdesk or Speedcalls to accomplish this as members of the ring group. Is it just one technician at a time, or a rotating group?

Offline paintedboat

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 02:24:40 PM »
The ring groups cascade to each other for primary oncall group, secondary on call group then manager on call group

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 03:42:10 PM »
You can do this with EHDU's in a ring group. The caveat is you need to overflow the call before the external device's voice mail picks up. Also, if the ring group sends the call to a cell phone that's turned off or out of range, the call will go to the mobile device's voice mail. You can get around that by enabling answer confirmation in the EHDU's class of service, then the person answering the call needs to dial any DTMF digit to accept the call. If you have MiCollab licensing for the users, they can use that to manage their presence in the ring group for on-call shift changes.

Offline paintedboat

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 04:53:31 PM »
Thank you I will try this!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10