Author Topic: MIR and Active Device Recording with Mitel 68XX or 69XX  (Read 1196 times)

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MIR and Active Device Recording with Mitel 68XX or 69XX
« on: April 06, 2023, 01:29:40 AM »
I have an MIR (ASC) server where MBG SRC recording already works. I am trying Active Device Recording and have followed the ASC documentation for CSTA3 with MX-ONE for this. On the phones, I've set the recorder address using the config file as per the doc. I can see the call info in MIR's PowerplayWeb, but the audio stream is missing. If my understanding is correct, the recorder will send SIP messages to instruct the phones to send it a duplicate RTP stream during a call.

In traces from both recorder side and phone side, there doesn't seem to be any communication between them.

Does anyone have experience with this type of recording with MIR or even the old MCR where the phone sends the duplicate to the recording server directly? I am just looking for ideas on what else to check and look at. Thanks.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MIR and Active Device Recording with Mitel 68XX or 69XX
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 09:37:52 PM »
When connecting via a SRC/MBG my understanding is that it doesn't use the method to fork the RTP to the MIR, it is done via the SRC/MBG.

Do you still have your phones connected via the MBG and the MBG setup in the MIR integration?

My thoughts is that the IP Address that the phone is registering to the MX-One will be that of the MBG so it can't send the forking request to the phone as it won't be correct.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 09:31:05 PM »
Hi Sarond,

Thanks for chiming in. I just mentioned MBG SRC because we are using the same MIR for different types of recording. Recording already works if we register the extensions via the MBG.

But my aim for this set-up is to record a Mitel SIP terminal without the MBG. So, the Mitel SIP phones are registered directly to MX-ONE and we are using the Active VoIP recording capability of the phone.
Based on the 68XX and 69XX Admin guide: "The call recording sessions are initiated by the voice recording system and when the session is established, the IP phone will duplicate all of its incoming and outgoing RTP/SRTP packets and send them to the voice recording system where they can be archived and analyzed as required."

On the phones, we added the following configuration lines to let them know which recorder IP to trust and which port to communicate on.

recorder address1: <192.168.10.27> (Recorder IP address)
sip services transport protocol: < 1 > (1 stands for UDP)
sip services port: < 7300 > (Port in which recorder listen)
recording destination1: <192.168.10.27>
recording destination beep: < 0 >

I do not think this initiation from the recorder is happening for some reason... so I will focus on that part and continue to check what I can.

BR.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 09:48:40 AM »
Apparently, I turned on one part which was for the intrusion method. After disabling it under MIR/ASC Global Recording Settings, the active device recording (without MBG) now works.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 12:39:21 AM »
Thanks for the update.

There's a lot if little things with this product that don't make clear sense.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10